love

Author Topic: Top 100 Club: 1SO  (Read 51303 times)

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
Re: Top 100 Club: 1SO
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 10:21:12 AM »
I'd really like to watch One Two Three.  Do you know of a place where I can stream it?
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 10:45:13 AM »
I think 534 titles is really stretching the limit, but I'm not running the show anymore. Anyway, it makes it harder for me to pick one. 101 unseen. I rarely get free time alone with the TV myself these days, so I'm angling for something the missus will be excited to watch. Maybe The Great Muppet Caper, if she hasn't already seen it, or Romancing the Stone.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 12:07:11 PM »
I could cut the list down to the required 300 MAX, but my Essentials has never been a secret. Besides, you can easily organize the Letterboxd list to better find something to watch. I just don't see much point in creating a separate smaller list. At least this isn't edited down to my Buried Treasures like before. That's always tempting, but if somebody hasn't seen The Godfather or Pulp Fiction yet and they take this opportunity to watch it, I'd be very happy.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 12:51:51 PM »
The Great Muppet Caper is what you'd expect and still plays well today. Romancing the Stone may be one of my biggest nostalgia picks. I showed it to my wife alongside The African Queen back in 2011. She preferred Queen. She liked Stone, but it's very 80s and Zemeckis was still polishing his style.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 04:18:36 PM »
Haven't seen:

Prep & Landing
A Few Good Men
Jesus Christ Superstar
The Ninth Configuration
More
Pink Floyd: The Wall
Erin Brockovich
Ball of Fire
Dangerous Liasons
They Shoot Horses, Don't they?
The World According to Garp
Destry Rides Again
Crimson Tide
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
Streets of Fire

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 07:28:44 PM »
I’d feel bad doing The Human Condition for you AND as make up for PA, but frankly it is worth two.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 07:38:12 PM »
I think 534 titles is really stretching the limit, but I'm not running the show anymore. Anyway, it makes it harder for me to pick one. 101 unseen. I rarely get free time alone with the TV myself these days, so I'm angling for something the missus will be excited to watch. Maybe The Great Muppet Caper, if she hasn't already seen it, or Romancing the Stone.

I take the first 100 as the main selections, and the rest are alternatives.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 08:08:08 PM »
The Ninth Configuration
They Shoot Horses, Don't they?
The World According to Garp
These three jump out to me. You marathoned the Arts and Faith Top 100 and Ninth Configuration has a vague similarity to Wise Blood, while being much more of a 1SO experience in terms of the stylized dialogue. They Shoot Horses and Garp are also spiritual movies to me, though not as direct as Configuration. Garp has a similar ambitious writing, though more in terms of story than dialogue. Horses is more of a gut punch experience.

I’d feel bad doing The Human Condition for you AND as make up for PA, but frankly it is worth two.
The Human Condition counts as 3 movies, or 9 depending on how you divide them. The first is my favorite, so you can blame the rest on PA.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 05:23:19 PM »
I wish your month was in March, because there are some of your Westerns I want to see. :)

I'm trying to talk myself into watching The Godfather. But if I do, I want to offset it with lighter fare. For sure, I'll watch "The Lady Eve" and perhaps "Stage Door."

I'll be gone for the first part of July, but will get to watching movies as soon as I get back!