love

Author Topic: Cache (Hidden)  (Read 10153 times)

aliaimee

• The Plot Thickens
Re: Cache (Hidden)
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 12:55:12 AM »
Whoa! No the last scene was the shot of the school. Think you must have caught some z's after the flashback. I suggest grabbing an expresso and having another look at the film!

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2007, 01:00:53 AM »
Ah, oh yeah.  Still don't like it.

aliaimee

• The Plot Thickens
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2007, 01:05:31 AM »
Alia is wise indeed. It's a brilliant interview he does. Bavarian film makers - can't beat em :)

hahaha danke, wowser, das stimmt! Gotta say I found that interview very frustrating though....he looked like the cat that had got the proverbial cream!

Phillip - you're hilarious. We'll agree to disagree with this one then!

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 02:36:11 AM »
Agreed, no sense beating a dead horse.
Have you seen Battle in Heaven?  Now there's a film to talk about.

EddieBarzoon

• Too busy being a smart aleck to be thinkin'
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 09:38:49 AM »
I can recommend this article if you'd like to read a more eloquent discussion of what I've tried to articulate: http://www.realtimearts.net/rt75/ford_hidden.htm

Your link doesnt work. Regardless, I dont really want the director's take on it - I'm sure he intended the ending to be ambiguous. I was just wondering what people here thought.

aliaimee

• The Plot Thickens
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 02:59:05 AM »
Apologies, Eddie - try http://www.realtimearts.net/rt75/ - that will get you to the index then select ford_hidden.html
And this isn't an interview with the director, rather a discussion of the cultural, thematic and technical aspects of the film. Thought you might be interested. But yes, my two cents worth: loved the ending...sat there going 'What the F*ck?!', turned to my friend, who expressed much the same. One reviewer called it a Rorschach montage - which I think is the best way to describe it.

Phillip - indeed, let's leave the horse rest in peace. Battle in Heaven? Nope...do tell!

love