Author Topic: A Quiet Place  (Read 288 times)

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
A Quiet Place
« on: May 16, 2018, 06:29:35 AM »
I am officially putting all horror movies on probation. The next one that opens with a child death is getting the entire genre thrown out of court for contempt. It's a cheap trope that I am tired of.

Quite liked the movie though, even if apparently the Apocalypse won't stop shitty teenagers from being shitty. Or women from getting pregnant. I have trouble believing anyone would actually take that risk.

Would much have rathered the girl died instead of the cute kid. This was the darkest episode of The Office ever.

The creature design was the best.
Society is dumb. Art is everything. - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

philip918

• Elite Member
Re: A Quiet Place
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 06:52:04 PM »
The creatures in this have to be almost Signs level nonsensical, right? Signs at least played a very long build up to their arrival. Wouldn't all the noise and radio frequencies of the modern world render these creatures pretty much incapacitated? Just the noise of average city life would be a cacophony so great it would completely disorient them. If it was contained to just this rural area it would be fine, but the movie makes out like these creatures have wiped out most of human civilization.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
Re: A Quiet Place
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 09:44:26 PM »
Probably why the movie starts where it does. It's a great premise and starting the film where it does removes a lot of backstory.
Must See  |  Should See  |  Good  |  Mixed  |  Bad