love

Author Topic: Top 5 Films to Watch on an Airplane  (Read 1840 times)

philip918

• Elite Member
Re: Top 5 Films to Watch on an Airplane
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 07:41:21 PM »
United 93
Air Force One
Alive
Castaway
Con Air

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2018, 08:39:20 PM »
In the last month, I took 2 trips to Austalia and 1 to San Diego so have had a log of time on the flights. I mostly skipped movies but was thinking about this question while scrolling through what was available on the in-flight entertainment. Due to screen size, action is usually out for me as well as anything I am REALLY WANTING to watch as I would then rather watch at home. So, I choose Downsizing as it was something that seemed interesting when I first saw the trailer but later lost interest after hearing more about it.  It works well on a flight as it is hard to argue it wasted your time as there isn't anywhere you can go and if I fall asleep, I am not likely to try to go back and see what I missed.

Everything else I watched where TV programs.  I watched:

Animal Kingdom Season 1
Crashing Season 1
Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 9
Silicon Valley (first 3 episodes of Season 5)
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2018, 01:32:45 PM »
I'm waiting to watch GAME NIGHT on a plane. Whenever I saw the trailer for the movie, I was all like, "That's a movie you see on a plane at night." I may travel this year. I haven't seen the film yet.

Anyway, last year I had a long international flight to London where I watched THE TRIP TO ITALY & THE TRIP TO SPAIN. Perfect movies to watch if you are traveling to Europe. On the way back, I watched IT & COOL HAND LUKE. Perfect movies to get yourself readapted to the States. I had never seen these movies before. I recommend you always watch a new movie you haven't seen before on a flight. I would also say the destination should influence the viewing a bit.

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2018, 03:25:26 AM »
Those are all legitimately good movies. You're not worried about spoiling them by watching them thus?
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/