Author Topic: Top 100 Club: Teproc  (Read 23003 times)

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
Re: Top 100 Club: Teproc
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2020, 11:01:18 PM »
I estimate 5 years until I can ever say, “I only have 7 I haven’t seen...,” which is exciting, Yay discovery!

Possibilities...and this is a month with a vacation, so more time for movies...

Nocturama
The Wall
The Tale of Princess Kaguya (finally)
Jaws (that’s right...never seen it...)
Our Little Sister (need more Kore-eda)
Solaris
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Teproc

• Elite Member
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2020, 01:15:08 AM »
Teproc's list looks great!  I will commit to SEVEN SAMURAI and BARTON FINK, 2 big blindspots for me.  I'd like to do a thriller for October in ZODIAC if I can get to it.

Thanks! Sounds good, always exciting to hear about people seeing Seven Samurai in particular for the first time.

I estimate 5 years until I can ever say, “I only have 7 I haven’t seen...,” which is exciting, Yay discovery!

Possibilities...and this is a month with a vacation, so more time for movies...

Nocturama
The Wall
The Tale of Princess Kaguya (finally)
Jaws (that’s right...never seen it...)
Our Little Sister (need more Kore-eda)
Solaris

Very curious to hear what you'd think about Kaguya. I do think you'll probably like Our Little Sister a lot, bearing in mind that I'm generally terrible at understanding other people's tastes.
Legend: All-Time Favorite | Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Poor  |  Bad

Letterbox'd

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2020, 09:59:38 AM »
I'll be traveling some this month, but I still will get to,

Dawn of the Dead
Invasion of the Body Snatchers

If I have more time, I'll watch Under the Skin or Black Swan. Which one is more Shocktober worthy?

Teproc

• Elite Member
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2020, 10:06:51 AM »

Dawn of the Dead

If I have more time, I'll watch Under the Skin or Black Swan. Which one is more Shocktober worthy?

Hmm. I consider both to qualify, but from the poll a few days ago, it seems that some people don't think of Under the Skin as horror. Black Swan is kind of like The Red Shoes meets Repulsion, so a psychological thriller that I think is horror-ish enough to count, whereas Under the Skin is more of a contemplative arthouse film with a horror mood... if the question is which is scarier, then I'd say Under the Skin, but YMMV.

On the Sandy scale of scariness, Dawn of the Dead would count as "Safe" I think, it's more of an adventure film and a parable, though obviously being a zombie film makes it a horror film. Body Snatchers though... some chilling stuff in there. I'm sure your reviews will be as unique and interesting as they always are.  :)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 10:08:56 AM by Teproc »

Letterbox'd

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2020, 10:13:56 AM »

Dawn of the Dead

Hmm. I consider both to qualify, but from the poll a few days ago, it seems that some people don't think of Under the Skin as horror. Black Swan is kind of like The Red Shoes meets Repulsion, so a psychological thriller that I think is horror-ish enough to count, whereas Under the Skin is more of a contemplative arthouse film with a horror mood... if the question is which is scarier, then I'd say Under the Skin, but YMMV.

On the Sandy scale of scariness, Dawn of the Dead would count as "Safe" I think, it's more of an adventure film and a parable, though obviously being a zombie film makes it a horror film. Body Snatchers though... some chilling stuff in there. I'm sure your reviews will be as unique and interesting as they always are.  :)

I don’t have Under the Skin in my TOP 100 but is a possible contender but I have to go back and watch it again. It does have a scene that punches me in the gut in a way that few films ever have.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2020, 12:52:21 PM »
Which Dawn of the Dead? There's the one smirnoff likes and the one that's Legendary and my #8 film of All Time.

Teproc

• Elite Member
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2020, 01:02:14 PM »
Which Dawn of the Dead? There's the one smirnoff likes and the one that's Legendary and my #8 film of All Time.

The one that's on my list. The good one.

I actually haven't seen the Snyder one, so I don't know.

Letterbox'd

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2020, 01:08:07 PM »
I actually prefer the Snyder one too

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2020, 01:24:00 PM »
Heh. Technically, Mrs. 1SO is part of the club this month because she'll be watching Black Swan and the 1978 Body Snatchers.

The gore is better
Hardly the measuring stick I expected you to use.

(Because Martin doesn't like being taken out of context, here's his full review.)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2020, 01:28:24 PM »
I am, somehow, Team Snyder here as well.

love