Author Topic: Top 100 Club: Teproc  (Read 23005 times)

Teproc

• Elite Member
Re: Top 100 Club: Teproc
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2020, 09:22:19 AM »
We're still in Bondo's month, but just to set things up for October, here's my updated list.

In, a couple of Miyazakis (Porco Rosso and Ponyo) I finally got to and my favorite discoveries from the Bresson marathon (which I technically never finished, I should get on that) in A Man Escaped and Au hasard Balthazar. Add to that a fruitful rewatch of Taxi Driver and my new favorite Melville in Le doulos, and those are the new entries. They knock out Finding Nemo, The Martian, Kill Bill 2, The Triplets of Belleville, The Hunt and Fanny and Alexander... the latter just missed the cut as it went down a bit on rewatch for me.

Additionally, for those of you who won't find enough options in this short and pretty conventional list, I'll ad a no-less conventional but a bit longer list here.

Looking forward to reading your reviews.  :)

All About Eve (Dave the Necrobumper)
As Boas Maneiras / Good Manners (1SO)
Blade Runner 2049 (MartinTeller)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Sandy)
Jaws (etdoesgood)
Les ogres / Ogres (Bondo)
Le doulos (Dave the Necrobumper)
Shichinin no samurai / Seven Samurai (colonel_mexico)
Taxi (1SO)
Umimachi Diary / Our Little Sister (etdoesgood)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 04:07:34 AM by Teproc »
Legend: All-Time Favorite | Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Poor  |  Bad

Letterbox'd

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2020, 10:52:59 AM »
Haven't seen:

Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cleopatra
The Hateful 8
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Wild Tales
La La Land
Jackie
Blade Runner 2049
Annihilation
Nocturama
Ogres
Victoria
Gett

Bolded the ones I'm most likely to tackle. I've never seen an Asterix movie, but I did enjoy the books as a kid. It's a little nuts that I haven't seen BR2049 considering how much I love the original. It's awfully long, though.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2020, 12:53:13 PM »
Only five from the main list:
A Man Escaped
Le Doulos
Les Ogres
Au Hasard Bathazar

Les Ogres would probably be my first choice followed by Asterix, but neither is available to me. I think the other three are on Kanopy (certainly Le Doulos) so I'll get to one of them. From the extended list, Foxtrot is one that's already on my watchlist but similarly does not seem to be available to me.

Teproc

• Elite Member
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2020, 01:01:12 PM »
Haven't seen:

The Hateful 8
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Wild Tales
La La Land
Jackie
Blade Runner 2049
Annihilation
Nocturama
Ogres
Victoria
Gett

Bolded the ones I'm most likely to tackle. I've never seen an Asterix movie, but I did enjoy the books as a kid. It's a little nuts that I haven't seen BR2049 considering how much I love the original. It's awfully long, though.

Always exciting to hear about non-French speakers watching A&O: Mission Cléopâtre. I think 1SO and PA found it enjoyable enough, and it has enough visual wit to make up for the jokes that get lost in translation I think.

BR 2049 is long indeed, but quite rewarding... I'm actually not a big fan of the original, will be interesting to see where you land.

Only five from the main list:
A Man Escaped
Le Doulos
Les Ogres
Au Hasard Bathazar

Les Ogres would probably be my first choice followed by Asterix, but neither is available to me. I think the other three are on Kanopy (certainly Le Doulos) so I'll get to one of them. From the extended list, Foxtrot is one that's already on my watchlist but similarly does not seem to be available to me.

Not a Bresson fan I presume? Le doulos is a really fun one from Melville, my favorite from him so far.

Letterbox'd

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2020, 01:03:17 PM »
Main list is Les ogres (2015) or Taxi (2015).

I will also watch Good Manners (2017), because it is your highest rated Horror movie I haven't seen.

Teproc

• Elite Member
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2020, 01:56:39 PM »
Main list is Les ogres (2015) or Taxi (2015).

I will also watch Good Manners (2017), because it is your highest rated Horror movie I haven't seen.

I was thinking of doing a Horror-based addendum... ended up deciding against it because, well, I'm not that well-versed in horror really, but Good Manners was the one film that gave me pause as I do wish more people would see it, so that's an excellent idea.

Letterbox'd

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2020, 02:56:24 PM »
I'd be interested in your views on Taxi.

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2020, 06:28:30 PM »
Teproc's list looks great!  I will commit to SEVEN SAMURAI and BARTON FINK, 2 big blindspots for me.  I'd like to do a thriller for October in ZODIAC if I can get to it. 
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2020, 08:56:22 PM »
Not a Bresson fan I presume? Le doulos is a really fun one from Melville, my favorite from him so far.

Thus far I've had only negative experiences with Bresson. My limited experience with Melville is more positive to be sure so Le doulos seems a reasonable one.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2020, 09:03:05 PM »
I think your inclination to watch Le doulos is the right one.

love