Author Topic: YouTube subscriptions  (Read 4508 times)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
YouTube subscriptions
« on: November 24, 2018, 11:36:45 PM »
What do you subscribe to that you think others might like? Post some recs!

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: YouTube subscriptions
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 01:42:14 AM »
Well this went nowhere, but I'm determined to share some of my subs (with links to good starting points). :)

Make me giggle
-AirForceProud95, the ultimate in flight simulator realism!
-BardicBroadcasts, you haven't seen a board game reviewed ultil you've seen a Bardic Broadcast!
-TwoSetViolin, two dudes having way too much fun playing violin.
-Jeb Gardener, classical music, hydroponic gardens and a weird guy growing stuff in his office.

Bingeable builders
-Bad Obsession Motorsport, one of the most thorough, ambitious and tea-fueled Mini restorations ever undertaken. Project Binky is a must watch!
-Clickspring, there's just something soothing about watching this guy masterfully make stuff in his shop. The skeleton clock series is a great place to start!
-Hand Tool Rescue, watch weird old tools get restored to good working order. Also soothing.
-Matthias Wandel, a clever guy in his basement makes tools, and makes things with the tools he makes.
-Primitive Technology, a guy in the jungle makes huts and other things and it's surprisingly cool to watch.
-Tips from a Ship Wright, a little slow paced probably for most and not a lot of entertainment value, but he builds some neat boats and is really thorough.

Solid regular content
-Chris Fix, you will definitely think about trying to fix your car after watching this guys excellent how-to videos
-EVNautilus, just the weirdest stuff ever from the bottom of the ocean... the next best thing to being a marine biologist is listening to them ooh and aah over strange ocean life.
-Bon Appetite, just a good fun variety of cooking content. Well produced.
-Mustard, fascinating short documentaries on the history of various prototype planes and trains
-Summoning Salt, fun to watch recaps of the world fastest completion records for various games.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 04:05:03 AM »
Sorry, but I do not subscribe to anything on YouTube. Just do not get the time. I struggle to keep up (well actually I do not keep up) with Netflix, Stan, Hulu, SBS On-Demand, and Kanopy. YouTube I go to to find a specific video, then may be look at something in the suggested list connected to the video, but usually, just leave after watching the thing I went there for.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 09:14:09 AM »
Sorry, but I do not subscribe to anything on YouTube. Just do not get the time. I struggle to keep up (well actually I do not keep up) with Netflix, Stan, Hulu, SBS On-Demand, and Kanopy. YouTube I go to to find a specific video, then may be look at something in the suggested list connected to the video, but usually, just leave after watching the thing I went there for.

What he said.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 09:23:12 AM »
I watched the first 2 free episodes of Cobra Kai on YouTube but I couldn’t justify paying to complete the badness
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 08:13:50 PM »
Do you guys have cable or whatever? I find that's the hole it fills for me. When you're not up for a show or movie, but you're also not ready to go to sleep either. :))

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 09:19:06 PM »
Do you guys have cable or whatever? I find that's the hole it fills for me. When you're not up for a show or movie, but you're also not ready to go to sleep either. :))

What he said.

My Subscription List is small and boring.

CineFix
Every Frame a Painting
How Did This Get Made
Inside the Magic
Last Week Tonight
WatchMojo
MrsMojo
WatchMojoUK
ScreenCrush
The Daily Show

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 10:25:46 PM »
Do you guys have cable or whatever? I find that's the hole it fills for me.

Nope. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime. Plus I download a lot of stuff (mostly non-US cooking/baking shows)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 02:16:55 AM »

Not really. Haven’t had cable or home phone in 15 years. I don’t like the idea just to turn on anything to fill a hole. Even in hotels I won’t turn on a tv most of the time
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 02:49:17 AM »
Do you guys have cable or whatever? I find that's the hole it fills for me.

Nope, I pretty much do not watch TV, just stuff on the streaming services. The kids watch a little broadcast TV, that's it. Cable TV is not that big in Australia (compared to the USA).