Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 7839 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #310 on: January 23, 2020, 10:12:15 PM »
The DLC is actually some of the most satisfying content in the game, especially if you found the core game a breeze to play as it is quite the challenge.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #311 on: January 23, 2020, 10:31:02 PM »
I found the DLC obnoxiously hard. I hate Capcom because I don't consider difficulty equivalent to quality.

etdoesgood

• Air-conditioned auditoriums playing movies ROCK
« Reply #312 on: January 23, 2020, 10:31:37 PM »
Nearly done with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Even though it may be one of the greatest games of all time, I have absolutely no interest in the DLC nor am I interested in playing through again.

Taking my time with Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

Downloaded the Hotline Miami Collection. Immediately turned off by the fact that I can only reconfigure controls for the sequel, not the original. The Switch controls are horrible! The game is almost unplayable because of it. I wish I could return it.

Does anyone here do Gamefly? Recommend it? There's not a lot of games I want to play but I've thought about it.

I'm totally with you on Zelda BotW. My irritation was recovering the memories. The world is pretty darn big, so I wasn't sure where to find hardly any of them. Of course, now that I say that, someone will tell me how easy it is.

What path have you taken in FE? I did Edelgard, and I was very dissatisfied with the ending, but now I'm on Claude and hoping for better. I haven't read up enough on it, but I'm hoping there is a Revelations-like story line to tie things together.
A desert person

Letterboxd: phxphilmphan

Will

• Retired Cinephile
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
« Reply #313 on: January 24, 2020, 02:04:15 AM »
I have no desire to seek out the memories.

My problem with the DLC is that most of it appears to be combat focused. Combat does not make Breath of the Wild for me. I'm all about the puzzles and exploration. I would much rather get an expansion of the map or more shrines.

I took the Golden Deer/Claude path. Absolutely love it. All of the characters are fun. I don't think I have branched out yet to the unique part of the story yet so maybe I can't quite provide a comparison. I want to do Edelgard next. I heard her storyline is pretty divisive.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #314 on: January 24, 2020, 08:35:54 PM »
Only did Claude, but that house is fantastic. Haven't felt the desire to go get any of the other ones, but I do love the game. Wrote about it before, maybe, but wish there was more variety in mission types and that it was a bit more challenging.

Been getting heavy in to Dead Cells again, and it's still great. Went back to poking around at WarGroove as well since I think there's DLC coming/that just came out, but it's still super hard. Love it though because I like those kinds of games. Meaning to do the same with Shovel Knight, which I only finished the core of when it first hit 3DS, but bought the Treasure Trove on Switch a while back and haven't touched much of the base or any of the expansions. Reckon I'm going to get Kentucky Route Zero though, especially if it's on Switch.

BotW is an incredibly impressive world that feels so beautifully designed and carefully constructed, especially for the open world genre. Didn't finish it, didn't buy or play the DLC. The prospect of Nintendo making another game like that has me continuing to write off 3-D Zeldas, not sure there's been a good one since WW, and even that has the bad endgame sailing shit. Wish they'd just do another 2-D one, and also another 2-D Metroid, no real interest in Prime 4.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #315 on: January 24, 2020, 08:47:53 PM »
Link's Awakening was basically a 2D Zelda game.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #316 on: January 24, 2020, 08:50:18 PM »
So, bad?

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #317 on: January 24, 2020, 08:59:12 PM »
Dunno, one of the few Zelda games I haven't played.

Gotten back into some Slay the Spire with the latest update and new class. It's great how no two classes play the same and how I'm still finding new interesting builds.

Oh, I should probably get back to RDR2, which is a lot of fun but I keep getting distracted hunting things between missions.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #318 on: January 24, 2020, 09:40:57 PM »
Link's Awakening was basically a 2D Zelda game.

Yeah, I bought and played that, but also had played it a ton before on GBC when I was a kid, so it wasn't really new for me, I do like it though. But there hasn't really been one since Link Between Worlds, which was great, if a bit too short and easy. I need to play Minish Cap, wonder if that sucker is on the Switch.

etdoesgood

• Air-conditioned auditoriums playing movies ROCK
« Reply #319 on: January 24, 2020, 11:03:14 PM »
Only did Claude, but that house is fantastic. Haven't felt the desire to go get any of the other ones, but I do love the game. Wrote about it before, maybe, but wish there was more variety in mission types and that it was a bit more challenging.

Saw this before and was gonna respond. The crazy thing is, FE Fates: Conquest covers both of those things. To me, that's the best FE game. Siblings from an abusive father trying to figure out what's up and down in a world where their talents are constantly deployed for immoral causes, and you are the one giving them courage to imagine a better future. Plus, one thing I really miss from that game, as well as the other Fates story lines and Awakening, is the ability to match-make between everyone in the squad. I miss the love system. Would like to see it come back with trans and non-binary characters, characters from different races, and a flexibility between who can get together with whom. Maybe a hook-up system? But that might go beyond Mature. Maybe instead of having babies based on the mother's or father's line, they can adopt them, in some sort of climate change catastrophe script where adoption is the only moral choice. But now I'm going crazy...
A desert person

Letterboxd: phxphilmphan