love

Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 75303 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #370 on: March 04, 2020, 08:15:57 PM »
The anti-FLY thread.

Middle fingers up to Undertale and original FFVII (FF VIII for life!)  :P

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #371 on: March 04, 2020, 08:28:36 PM »
Anyone hyped for the FF7 REMAKE?

Yeah, I'm so down. Tbh, the original is not exactly fresh in my mind.

I like that Undertale messed with me. I wish more games would mess with me, challenge me.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #372 on: March 04, 2020, 10:55:52 PM »
Got back into Divinity: Original Sin II. Scratching the eternal isometric CRPG itch. I love the world reactivity and the ways you feel like you're breaking the game. Combat can be super satisfying with the right combos but I'm also finding the armor system in the game really pads out the length of combat. It's also not fun to use your powerful ability and have it be negated because of armor. If an enemy dodges or resists, that's one thing, but hitting and not doing the effect feels lame. So far I'm not sure it'll surpass the first game for me but it's more of something I love and that's enough for me.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #373 on: March 08, 2020, 08:48:37 PM »
So, like, I enjoyed a lot of Undertale, but I don't feel any compulsion to reset and go through it again to achieve the Pacifist route. There's some really interesting content and reflection on the human condition, but a lot of what's required to complete certain routes is not apparent, so, I'm good.

On to a few other titles in Steam that I have been sitting on forever:
Hollow Knight
Wandersong
Into the Breach

Anyone else played What Remains of Edith Finch? If so, did it give you motion sickness? I feel like I'm becoming pretty weak with the motion sickness.

Last question: Any newly released 2020 games that you're feeling?

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #374 on: March 08, 2020, 10:45:22 PM »
I don't recall getting motion sickness from Edith Finch, and I often get motion sickness from games (gawd, The Witness was murder on me)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #375 on: March 08, 2020, 11:06:10 PM »
I didn't have any issues with Edith Finch.

Hollow Knight and Into the Breach are two of my all-time favorites. Hope you enjoy!

So far I haven't truly played a 2020 game. I've played some of Kentucky Route Zero but only act 1 which came out years ago. It's only the final act that is truly from 2020. And I always count Dwarf Fortress since that got an update a few weeks back. GOTY 2020!

Still plugging through Divinity: Original Sin II. Finally got past the opening island this weekend. It took up more of a chunk than I expected. I've heard the next act is even longer. About 28 hours in and I've heard the game easily runs 80+ hours. Not bored yet. In fact, the opposite as it's sunk its teeth into me and I'm probably going to stay up too late playing it tonight.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #376 on: March 08, 2020, 11:54:33 PM »
Sam, how much "get good" am I going to have to go through with Hollow Knight? I'm thinking you are someone quite skilled at these things, and I'm not, really. I've heard that it was one of the great games of the decade, and I'm excited, but also have a bit of trepidation.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #377 on: March 09, 2020, 09:31:30 AM »
I didn't think it was too bad. Certainly a few hard bosses but it's not Dark Souls level of hard. And I consider myself a middling 2D action person even though I grew up with those games. Turn-based tactics and strategy is more where I shine.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #378 on: March 09, 2020, 05:15:46 PM »
OK, so we have strengths and weaknesses pretty much in common. So how tough is Into the Breach? That's one that I feel is right up my alley.

On motion sickness: I got a little queasy in Undertale when you'd go into an "igloo" and it'd rush you to the next "igloo", ostensibly to save you time, though it was only for certain parts. Watching all the scenery fly by like that, blech.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #379 on: March 09, 2020, 06:14:08 PM »
Into the Breach has a difficultly slider. I played on normal and found it quite a challenge.

love