love

Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 75637 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: What are you playing? NOW STREAMING 2019!
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2019, 10:11:37 AM »
I was intrigued by The Evil Within games but heard mixed things about both titles that made me put them in my maybe I'll buy on sale list.

I can't imagine Treyarch being that nervous. The CoD name is still one of the most recognized in gaming, especially among the more casual gamers who only play CoD and the latest sports titles each year. I think EA made a big mistake by not calling the game Titanfall Legends or something like that to give it some brand recognition given that Titanfall has made a name for itself.

I still haven't dipped my toes into the battle royale genre. For whatever reason, it just doesn't look appealing to me. I find it fun to watch but I'd rather spend my multiplayer time with something more tightly designed like Rainbow Six: Siege.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2019, 01:41:46 PM »
The first TEW was an okay corridor shooter with some half decent jump scares/sense of foreboding. TEW 2 is a phenomenal/underappreciated gem.

If you take a dip into the BR realm, definitely go with PUBG. As a R6Siege-head myself, PUBG clicks all those boxes for me.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2019, 09:22:44 PM »
Apex is fun, but I'm pretty bad at it. Unsure if I'll buy the two extra characters.

DIT: Wargroove is fun too, from the little I've played so far.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2019, 05:25:38 AM »
They hit 10 million players in under 72 hours, sounds like Apex is doing okay.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2019, 11:44:57 AM »
I've been replaying The Evil Within 2 and the Resident Evil roots are all the more apparent with having recently finished the RE2 remake. The sound design of item pickups really evoke RE vibes; however, this game feels like a true successor to Silent Hill. The town of Union is filled with horrifying nightmares/things to loot around almost every corner, and each part of the town feels truly unique. I'm amazed this game came and went without any critical fanfare. It's utterly underrated and overlooked. I think launching in October 2017, alongside the likes of Forza Motorsport 7, Middle-earth: Shadow of War, Gran Turismo Sport, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Assassin's Creed Origins, Super Mario Odyssey, and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus--this game was bound to be buried. I really liked this game when it dropped, but I think I'm appreciating it even more now. Also, it looks superb on the Xbox One X.

I'm also pretty good at Apex Legends. I'm loving the sniping in this game. The looting and pinging systems in place are brilliant and I want to see this in every BR game moving forward. The pinging system almost completely removes the necessity for microphones in a BR squad game, as all the pertinent information can be relayed through tagging items, locations, enemies, etc.. I'm also really loving the pacing of this game, as it feels like a nice mix between the slower PUBG and the often frantic Blackout. Speaking of the former, I've actually gone back to PUBG this past weekend and have had a blast with friends/random squads alike. I won this game with just one other guy on my team (who only spoke Portuguese), but we were still able to communicate (with my loose understanding of Spanish) and pull through.

I'm also pretty stoked for this Friday (mostly for Metro, and morbidly curious about Crackdown). VIDEO GAMES BABY!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 11:52:19 AM by Solid Blake »

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2019, 12:19:01 PM »
I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 3, but I might hate it. I like to see Donald's butt shake around. I don't know what anything to do with Final Fantasy means. There's a lot of spiky hair.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2019, 01:37:13 PM »
I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 3, but I might hate it. I like to see Donald's butt shake around. I don't know what anything to do with Final Fantasy means. There's a lot of spiky hair.

https://youtu.be/LMph2hAGj7k

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2019, 02:44:31 PM »
It is shocking to hear the Donald, Goofy, and Mickey voice actors try to get through their exposition dialogue.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2019, 02:55:40 PM »
Played a bit more Resident Evil 2 this weekend. Got to Tyrant and man did I expect it to be tense but oh my goodness is this game now relentlessly hard. It's so exhausting playing this game, almost like I'm enduring something. Still loving it, but boy was I not ready for this.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2019, 09:29:04 PM »
It is shocking to hear the Donald, Goofy, and Mickey voice actors try to get through their exposition dialogue.

Haha, I love these parts. Still too early for me to form much of an opinion on the game since I have only done the first world and, realistically, how can anything be better than Hercules?

Also, why put Phil in there if you aren't going to have him talk? I'm sure there's a Danny DeVito voice impersonator they could have gotten.

love