love

Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 75673 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: What are you playing? NOW STREAMING 2019!
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2019, 05:54:57 PM »
Went ahead and traded in Resident Evil 2 as I just found the idea of finishing it dreadful and would rather get decent credit for it while I still can.

I learned you can't get gift cards at Best Buy with other gift cards, which makes some sense, but I went ahead and bought Nintendo Online. Boy do I suck at Tetris 99. Granted, I probably haven't played a Tetris game in over a decade, but I was consistently getting knocked out in the 80s.

Also enjoyed playing some Super Mario Bros. 3, which I didn't get a chance to play as a child. It's quite delightful so far, probably will end up being my favorite of the first three games.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2019, 10:07:44 PM »
Oh, wow, Mario 3 is great, but I did play a ton of it as a kid. SMW is the one that I never really played until later, and still have trouble getting in to that. Need to give it a shot again.

Haven't played Tetris 99 since a few days past launch, but I did get in the Top 10 once! I found just playing it slow like it's a solo game works to get at least top 50, then target KOs. I'm terrible at Tetris though.

Getting back to KH3, and enjoying it still. But at this point it's all about waiting for that DoA on Friday! Unsure who I'll use yet, but probably hop back and forth between Jann Lee and Bass as usual.

EDIT: Bayman too, can't forget about the boy.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 10:10:10 PM by FLYmeatwad »

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2019, 10:16:51 PM »
Oh, my squad won three games in a row in Apex Legends last night. WE ROCK.

That's impressive. I win one every now and then, but I wouldn't say I've ever been the biggest contributor on the team when it happens. I'm getting better though. I can't imagine playing this game without headphones.

It's funny I played a round with a guy who also went by SolidBlake, but with a 1 instead of an i.

Dirt Rally 2.0 sounds pretty satisfying.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2019, 05:49:26 AM »
Apex has become my brother and i's main game now. It's amazingly polished for a free to play game with a surprise sudden release. That doesn't happen a lot anymore. I haven't won one yet but I've had a few top 2's and 3's. I'm still trying to figure out the guns and characters.

I main as Bloodhound and was pretty happy to open a legendary skin in one of those free apex packs.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2019, 10:33:06 AM »
It's funny I played a round with a guy who also went by SolidBlake, but with a 1 instead of an i.

He or she will be hearing from my lawyers.  >:(

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2019, 04:58:31 AM »
I bought Trials Rising because I was looking for a dumb arcade/action game with funny rag-doll physics. I'm glad to report that this is most certainly that game.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2019, 07:13:08 PM »
Played through the story mode for DOA 6. It has English voice actors!

The game is great, I actually really like the new characters a good deal. NiCO seems cool, but precise, though I had the most pick up and play fun with Marie Rose. Super in to Honoka as well, it's pretty fantastic how she just has a bunch of different characters's moves because I'm able to have a sense of familiarity even without taking her in to training. Apparently a lot of these characters were actually released in various other incarnations of DoA 5, but I only messed around with the F2P version a little, which just had limited characters, and haven't actually played much of it since it came out. My garbage internet makes fighting online a pain, plus seems like they are having some trouble with it in general, but I still need practice and to work through the mission mode. Normally, given the perception some people have of the game, I try to just play with the guy characters (also, they tend to be more fun, in my opinion, with the exception of like Ryu, and a little slower, which plays in to my more defensive play style), but I may end up picking up one or two of the girls this time.

Though I guess I did end up getting pretty okay with Kasumi, Lei Fang, Helena, and Tina in 3 and 2 Ultimate. Still hate Brad Wong and The Butterfly as well.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2019, 03:32:39 PM »
Sounds like Devil May Cry 5 is getting some rave reviews, and that’s cool, also I forgot that was coming out this week, and that I bought it already? That’s also pretty cool.

Problem. I’ve never played a maybe crying devil game before. Should I seek out a story recap video?

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2019, 04:34:20 PM »
Problem. I’ve never played a maybe crying devil game before. Should I seek out a story recap video?

Bad guy needs killing. Shoot guns at him. #skipallcutscenes

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2019, 07:30:45 PM »
I'm thinking about getting it as well, but might just wait for a sale when I run out of things to play, the reviews are strong though. I never liked the originals, but really liked DmC. Who knows.