Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 75692 times)

Solid Blake

• Godfather
Re: What are you playing? NOW STREAMING 2019!
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2019, 08:20:55 AM »
Video games kinda suck lately. Sekiro sucked. Metro sucked. DMC5 is a sucky chore to get through now. Before the Storm chapter 2 sucks. PUBG sucks now because the latest update broke the game. The Division 2 end game grind sucks. Hell, even Apex’s season pass sucks.

I’ve mostly been playing Red Dead, going for 100% completion and that game definitely does not suck. I also downloaded Jurassic World Evolution because it was on sale. I’m also hoping Days Gone doesn’t suck. 2019 has a lot of work to do, because this first quarter has been WEAK stuff.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2019, 09:22:40 PM »
Phew, okay. I can calm down. Jurassic World Evolution is such a chill/superbly done park simulator. I faced some issues with overcrowding my triceratops and they kept breaking my fences, but now I have them secluded in their openly vast pin and everyone’s happy. My island is almost at a five star rating and I’m just enjoying maximizing my profits and keeping my visitors safe from any clever girls.

Oh, and this got me pretty excited as well:

https://youtu.be/0GLbwkfhYZk

I’m hoping for some fast/Jedi power fantasy stuff.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2019, 03:57:43 PM »
Partially agree, I bought JP:E digital at full price when it came out because it seemed to very much be up my alley and a thing I was looking for, but that chill feeling really starts to go away pretty quickly when you progress through the islands, and there's not a ton to do but slowly build toward goals. I like a number of the systems, but it really let me down.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2019, 09:18:31 PM »
Since, apparently, I'm a CINECAST!ing sucker, I bought the early access thing for Dreams even though I guess I'll probably never fully make anything. And, because I love throwing money away, I'll likely buy MK11.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2019, 05:54:30 AM »
Since, apparently, I'm a CINECAST!ing sucker, I bought the early access thing for Dreams even though I guess I'll probably never fully make anything. And, because I love throwing money away, I'll likely buy MK11.

Bought Dreams as well, I kinda want to just mess around and create assets for folks to use. Ultimate goal is to make a MGS-type stealth game, but I doubt I’d find the time.

Definitely passing on MK11, but I will watch a YouTube montage of the fatalities whenever it pops up.

Lastly, I’m on the second to last Island in Jurassic World Evolution and I’m not getting the frustrations you got, Fly. I kinda dig the slow drawing out of dinosaur DNA and building upgrades. Getting 5 stars on an island is very rewarding and these contract missions help me step out of my comfort zone and try things I’d never try otherwise. It’s crazy addicting and a time suck, I sat down to “play a little” yesterday morning and ending up clocking in 8 hours.  ???

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2019, 12:05:47 PM »
Maybe it was the third island where I burned out? I'd have to load it up and check, but I know I hit a wall hard. The loop kept me going for a while, and the contracts helped break things up, but some started to repeat and others just felt like completing them would ruin the park I was building.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2019, 02:15:02 PM »
Looks like Days Gone is getting mixed reviews, but in the same manner of Detroit: Become Human, I’m hoping I’m on the more positive end of that spectrum. I do like me some Sony 3rd person action/adventure games and I’ve heard that it’s very heavy on stealth, so that’s already speaking my language.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2019, 07:37:26 AM »
First impressions of Days Gone is: it’s good.

EDIT: This might have just ebbed into great territory, I’ll write
more later.

I’m playing on hard and it’s already pretty challenging; however, I can’t turn off the HUD. It’s 2019, people. LET US TURN OFF ALL THE HUDS.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 02:03:21 PM by Solid Blake »

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2019, 01:05:23 AM »
Shadow Of The Tomb Raider - Solid game but it’s basically Rise 2.0. It adds nothing new. It’s still weird to see Lara Croft as a murdering mercenary basically.

Also, why don’t we have a new Splinter Cell yet? Half of the mechanics are right here. The world is ready for Sam Fisher again.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2019, 06:26:21 AM »

love