Author Topic: What are you playing? NOW STREAMING 2019!  (Read 3881 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: What are you playing? NOW STREAMING 2019!
« Reply #200 on: July 27, 2019, 08:37:28 PM »
The first hour and a half or so of the new Fire Emblem is...very strange. I think there's still an FE game in there somewhere, but no idea when or how I'll get to it.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #201 on: August 02, 2019, 07:46:49 PM »
The first hour and a half or so of the new Fire Emblem is...very strange. I think there's still an FE game in there somewhere, but no idea when or how I'll get to it.

15 hours deep and I am all about this game.

Solid Blake

• Elite Member
« Reply #202 on: August 26, 2019, 02:20:56 PM »
Bought an All-Digital Xbox One S to keep at my girlfriend's place, as we're really getting into party games like Overcooked and all 5 Jackbox Party Packs. Does anyone have any good recommendations for other party-friendly games to check out?

Oh and Control comes out on Friday and it's getting decent reviews. Has gaming season come back already?

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #203 on: August 26, 2019, 02:24:02 PM »
There was a humblebundle of all the jackbox party packs for like $30... I really should have gotten it when I had the chance.

I did get Drawful on it's own though and had a lot of fun with it... even with 3 players it was still pretty good.

Speaking of party games though... i don't know what people enjoy about Mario Party. You spend 90% of the time sitting there watching people roll a dice and characters hop around a board. And then the games themselves are way too brief. Like 20 seconds and it's over.  ???

Horrible party game imo. Just play Smash.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 02:26:37 PM by smirnoff »

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #204 on: August 26, 2019, 02:37:59 PM »
Bought an All-Digital Xbox One S to keep at my girlfriend's place, as we're really getting into party games like Overcooked and all 5 Jackbox Party Packs. Does anyone have any good recommendations for other party-friendly games to check out?

Dunno what's on the Xbox, but for PS4, It's Quiz Time is a fairly decent trivia game. Stay away from Knowledge Is Power, the questions are way too easy and it's paced terribly. Ultimate Chicken Horse is pretty fun.
Switchboard
Watched 2019

Top 250  |  Great  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Poor  |  Crap

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #205 on: August 26, 2019, 07:47:02 PM »
So, I think I'm like 15-20 hours away from the end of Fire Emblem, but releases are hitting hard this week and I've got the itch to buy a full game (I will be getting the new Until Dawn game on Friday, but will be away for LDW, so will play it next week), and am unsure what to get:

Astral Chain
Control
(how is this not on GamePass???????)
Judgement
Yakuza Collection

Wait for the Zelda remake
Ancestors

This Ancestors thing, to me, seems fascinating, but it seems like a super risky play. I'll also CINECAST! around with Gears 5, probably, since it's on GamePass, but have little interest. They put Stelaris: Console Edition on there too, which I downloaded, but haven't cracked in to yet.

Open to other recs as well. Need to figure out if my PS4 really did delete my first two ep LiS2 progress. If so I may switch over to Xbox for that.

EDIT: Turns out Control isn't an Xbox exclusive. Interesting.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 08:34:15 PM by FLYmeatwad »

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #206 on: August 26, 2019, 09:16:38 PM »
I'm mostly just still playing Slay the Spire. I think it will be my GOTY. I do really enjoy Streets of Rogue as well.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #207 on: August 26, 2019, 09:39:52 PM »
Oh yeah, got Spire on GamePass too, but haven't started it yet.

Solid Blake

• Elite Member
« Reply #208 on: August 29, 2019, 06:21:31 PM »
Control is killer stuff. The perfect amalgamation of horror (Alan Wake) with science fiction (Quantum Break). It even has traces of Max Payne (voice acting, narration). Iím really enjoying the world building, the atmosphere and engaging combat. Was hoping this would be good, but Iím pretty sure itís great?

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2019, 07:12:48 PM »
Does it play better than their other games? I want to get it, but will probably wait for a sale. Still deep in FE, plus this Until Dawn thing this weekend.