love

Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 75654 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: What are you playing? NOW STREAMING 2019!
« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2019, 07:55:44 AM »
I heard the GiantBomb people say it ran horribly on PS4 but the PS4 Pro smoothed out a lot of the issues.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #211 on: August 30, 2019, 08:23:39 AM »
Having no problems with the Xbox One X thus far, there is a slight stutter when I go into the Xbox menu to take screen grabs, however.

The game feels good though, a much more refined Quantum Break feel to combat, and the shooting feels tight as one would expect from Remedy.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #212 on: August 30, 2019, 08:54:24 PM »
Definitely plan to get it when it's on sale or around Black Friday. Installing that Until Dawn thing now, and still heavy in to FE, plus LDW so I won't really be playing much of anything. Def going Control on X1X though, since I don't have a Pro, and I heard the GB warnings as well, like Sam said. They all seem to be liking it, and I think Jeff also cosigned that from assignment, so I'm excited despite really not liking what little other Remedy stuff I played.

Downloaded Blair Witch on GamePass as well, but unsure if I'll actually play it. Haven't watched any of the films, and those types of games spook me.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #213 on: September 08, 2019, 07:45:42 AM »
My girlfriend is ADDICTED to Slay The Spire. She’s an avid Dominion player, so this game is right up her alley. We stayed up too late last night strategizing our hands and deck building to defeat the second major boss. This game has a massive learning curve/difficulty spike once you hit the 2nd and 3rd level enemies, but the RNJ and variety of enemies really encourage us to play “just one more run.”

Her favorite character is the witch doctor lady, but I’m pretty sure the 3rd character is the most OP. Any sick strats that we should be aware of?

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #214 on: September 08, 2019, 01:15:05 PM »
Rampage for Ironclad in a small deck can do massive work. The biggest thing I learned was to add cards more conservatively so you get more consistent draws. An above average deck of 20 will outperform a deck of 40 with 10 great cards.

With the SNES games on Switch now, I'm finding myself diving into some titles I never owned and finished as a child. Went through Super Mario World in a couple of days. It's okay, I guess... I feel like I like the NES Mario games better. They felt better and I'm bummed with how unimportant Yoshi felt to the game design. I wanted to see stages built around more items and mechanics more. This one felt like more of a grab bag of ideas that never really ramped up into something challenging like the NES games.

I think Super Metroid will probably be next. Then I'll probably play Yoshi's Island and maybe revisit Link to the Past since I played that on the GBA back in the day.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 01:51:53 PM by Sam the Cinema Snob »

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #215 on: September 12, 2019, 11:48:57 PM »

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #216 on: September 13, 2019, 08:03:13 PM »
They should put this effort in to remaking VIII instead. I need to pick that up on Switch, but I'm about to finish FE and guess I'll get Zeldo on Friday.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #217 on: September 15, 2019, 12:14:26 PM »
They have Creature In The Well on GamePass, it starts a little slow/doesn't really guide you much, but getting pretty fun after the first dungeon.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #218 on: September 16, 2019, 10:45:50 AM »
I still need to play more Control. I've heard they released a patch improving performance across all platforms, but WHERE IS THAT HDR AT THO?!? I have it downloaded now on both my Xbox consoles, but I doubt I'll get to play it anytime soon because my girlfriend keeps hogging it to play Slay the Spire (she's finally gotten to the third major boss).

I also heard that a new Gears of War game dropped and I have it already on my Xbox One X, though I'm questioning if I'll ever get to it. This franchise's popularity is beyond me. These games have always felt so clunky/cumbersome and the stories are just so bland. I might look to see how it looks on the X, but I'll be honestly surprised if it's a game that hooks me to play more (still haven't completed a Gears game since the 2nd one).

Oh, and that Call of Duty beta is happening this week. Maybe I'll check that out?

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #219 on: September 20, 2019, 11:41:49 AM »
Untitled Goose Game launch day!

https://youtu.be/9LL2AtHo1gk

*honk* *honk*