love

Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 75643 times)

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
Re: What are you playing? NOW STREAMING 2019!
« Reply #220 on: September 20, 2019, 06:20:16 PM »
After Goat simulator comes: Goose simulator!

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #221 on: September 20, 2019, 08:14:12 PM »
Will be interested to hear more about it, and if it's a similar value prop to something like Donut County. I definitely am interested.

Also, I bought Zelda like a dummy, but hopefully Nintendo sees and does what they have to do in order to re-release Minish Cap for Switch.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #222 on: September 23, 2019, 12:34:04 PM »
I was able to play a little (not enough) of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta over the weekend and man, I am all the EXCITES for this game. I was so burnt out on this franchise, with last year's Blackout mode (battle royale) being the only uniquely "new" thing added to the franchise in over a decade. This 2019 re-imagining of Modern Warfare feels like the first true sequel in quite some time, with a brand new engine, new sound design and a more grounded approach that is tickling my Battlefield leanings, while maintaining the progression drip-feed that put CoD on the map. I really loved my time playing the multiplayer suite of domination, HQ, team deathmatch, etc.. The new 64 player "Ground War" is basically "Conquest" from the Battlefield series, but it's chaotic fun and the map design is superb all around.

If the single player component lives up to these aforementioned multiplayer sessions, this game has a chance of being my favorite of the year (I've had more fun with this beta than most of the games in my ever-changing top 10 list). Has anyone else checked the beta out?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 12:36:00 PM by Solid Blake »

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #223 on: September 23, 2019, 01:33:18 PM »
Finished Super Metroid over lunch today. What a game! An absolute masterpiece. I absolutely loved it from beginning to end.

In my SNES catchup I'll probably play SMW2: Yoshi's Island next. Also, Arkham Knight was free on Epic Game Store so I might play that soon. And I need to finish Untitled Goose Game. Maybe halfway through.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #224 on: September 23, 2019, 02:14:31 PM »
Is there a battle royale mode?

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #225 on: September 23, 2019, 05:54:51 PM »
Is there a battle royale mode?

Not that I’m aware of, which is fine—keep it simple, stupid(s). Besides, the market is so over-saturated right now with BR’s, so a more traditional multiplayer suite is welcome (to me, at least).

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #226 on: September 23, 2019, 06:33:34 PM »
Goose-based BR's are underrepresented. Imagine attacking in a sweet ass V formation. 8)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #227 on: September 24, 2019, 12:00:16 AM »
That would finally get me to play a BR game.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #228 on: September 24, 2019, 01:41:12 AM »
I was able to play a little (not enough) of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta over the weekend and man, I am all the EXCITES for this game. I was so burnt out on this franchise, with last year's Blackout mode (battle royale) being the only uniquely "new" thing added to the franchise in over a decade. This 2019 re-imagining of Modern Warfare feels like the first true sequel in quite some time, with a brand new engine, new sound design and a more grounded approach that is tickling my Battlefield leanings, while maintaining the progression drip-feed that put CoD on the map. I really loved my time playing the multiplayer suite of domination, HQ, team deathmatch, etc.. The new 64 player "Ground War" is basically "Conquest" from the Battlefield series, but it's chaotic fun and the map design is superb all around.

If the single player component lives up to these aforementioned multiplayer sessions, this game has a chance of being my favorite of the year (I've had more fun with this beta than most of the games in my ever-changing top 10 list). Has anyone else checked the beta out?

Is this a remake of the 2007 one? Or are they just using the name to try and get people back?

How are the maps? I haven't played CoD for a while now because the game became too focused on small maps and aggressive in your face gameplay. I like my shooters to be a bit slower.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #229 on: September 24, 2019, 02:59:04 PM »
It’s a completely new game, just think of it as a Modern Modern Warfare.  8) And the maps are good... it’s getting flack for being a little slower paces by the hardcore fanbase, so it might be up your alleyways.

https://youtu.be/9STHqt_vsCc

Any idea if this duck Metal Gear game is coming to any other consoles?

Oh and State of Play SOON!

love