Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 75647 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: What are you playing? NOW STREAMING 2019!
« Reply #260 on: November 07, 2019, 01:46:45 PM »
Last of Us was one of the most restrictive game experiences I've ever had. Didn't even bother to finish it.

Ghost looks cool but I'm betting it gets a rerelease for PS5.

Dreams could be great but I'm not holding out for just one game.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #261 on: November 07, 2019, 07:23:48 PM »
I won't trade mine in, but I don't much blame you, Sam, especially with a PC to play things. Unsure how backwards compatibility will work on the new systems, but I'd be surprised if you couldn't play these games on a PS5. I'm not getting rid of mine, though tbh I've mostly moved over to Xbox One X full on at this point, would turn my PS5 on, but with Pokemon so close not sure I'm even getting Death Stranding. Still have a decent bit of Outer Worlds, I think.

I need to buy a new laptop, because I want to play Disco Elysium before the end of the year.

Also, TLoU is bad.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #262 on: November 07, 2019, 07:50:46 PM »
Last of Us was one of the most restrictive game experiences I've ever had.

It's open world compared to a Resident Evil game. :P

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #263 on: November 07, 2019, 10:22:22 PM »
But at least those games are about navigating an interconnected space and figuring out the best routes to get to new areas. Or at least the good games in the series are about that.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #264 on: November 08, 2019, 08:49:01 AM »
/\ This guy never made it to Bill’s Town.  ::)

Anywho, speaking of open world—holy crap Death Stranding is OPEN. I’ve been more engaged/entertained with the first few hours of this game than any in recent memory. This is what I was hoping for—Kojima UNCHAINED.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #265 on: November 08, 2019, 03:08:23 PM »
Prey is magnificent. I know a lot of people said this but the demo of the game turned me off. Once you get past that first hour and the maps start to open up more it's a fantastic game that constantly rewards you for exploration and experimentation. The way the narrative naturally unfolds through little side stories as you gradually realize more and more of what is going on in each section of the map results in some of the most satisfying bits of exploration. I'm playing on hard with the optional difficulties all turned on and I'm loving it. I think this might be Arkane Studio's masterpiece and I say that as someone who loves both Dishonored games.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #266 on: November 09, 2019, 05:51:44 AM »
Prey is magnificent.

I liked it, but the last hours of that game jumps the space shark and really screwed me, as I was heavily focused on playing as a stealthy tech-hacker.

I played about 10 hours of Death Stranding thus far, and I can’t think about anything else but it and I won’t get to play it for a week or so and I’m dying inside with DOOMS.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #267 on: November 13, 2019, 06:55:51 AM »
I got to play some more Death Stranding last night. I made the decision to play offline from here on out, as I'm really enjoying the harsh journeys I'm subjecting my Norman Reedus and his magic fetus to, and I appreciate the rustic emptiness of the world (juxtaposed to the strand roads/signs/etc. junking up the world). That is more of a reflection on myself, I think, and is probably an interesting insight into my hermit-like tendencies and misanthropy. I mean, like this digital world, the real world might be better off with less human influence? Dammit Kojima, stop making me think!

Also, STAR WARS on Friday!

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #268 on: November 13, 2019, 08:20:54 PM »
Is Star Wars supposed to be good? Love Respawn, though early previews had me iffy. I'm getting Pocket Monsters.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #269 on: November 13, 2019, 09:57:20 PM »
The E3 gameplay put me off. Looked like a 10 year old game.