love

Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 75671 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: What are you playing? NOW STREAMING 2019!
« Reply #270 on: November 13, 2019, 11:08:45 PM »
People who have played Jedi: Fallen Order say it has a lot more exploration than the demo shows and that the combat feels really good. I'm curious but it'll not be a day one buy for me. Embargo lifts tomorrow, I believe, so we should get a better sense tomorrow.

Finished Yoku's Island Express and it's been a while since a game has been this charming and delightful. Reminds me a good deal of Sonic Spinball all where failure is usually just losing progress in the level. Any pinball fan owes it to themself to play this game.

Played the opening hours of Divinity: Original Sin II and this already has the making of an all time great CRPG. Top tier writing, fascinating characters, maybe the best combat in RPGs improved and it's also gorgeous to look at. I hear the game is a good 70-90 hours and I'm looking forward to it. Gonna try to savor the experience and if it goes on sale on Switch I'll be making liberal use of the cross save play.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #271 on: November 14, 2019, 09:25:06 PM »
Yoku's is very good. That Creature In The Well is too, but I haven't finished it, I did complete Yoku's.

Guess I'll keep an eye out on Star Wars for Black Friday or something, I reckon.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #272 on: November 15, 2019, 05:56:11 PM »
Cooled my heels some on Divinity: Original Sin II as I'm doing some side work on my computer while I play games lately and need a game I can easily hop in and out of at a moments notice.

Played a few runs of Dead Cells and while the core mechanics feel good, the upgrades and numbers on weapons don't really do anything for me. I generally dislike this type of design where enemies have unspecified health bars and your weapons do a certain DPS and you swing and dodge as you watch a bar go down. Also, upgrade systems like this make me feel like I'm wasting the opening hours just grinding to the weapons that make a feasible run possible instead of relying more on a game based on skill.

Circled back to an RPG I dropped years ago called Legend of Grimrock. It's a typical dungeon crawl with straightforward systems and so far is combat and puzzle driven. There's something charming about the purity of it all and it's easy to play for a level or so, descend a floor, and then drop again without feeling too lost when you pick it back up later.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #273 on: November 16, 2019, 09:02:47 PM »
Finished The Outer Worlds. My suggestion is don't put things in Intelligence early, would like to do a stupid playthrough but mine was maxed INT, and max out Perception. Also hack, lockpick, and the speech things. It's a good game. On to Pocket Monsters Shield!

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #274 on: November 19, 2019, 03:58:39 PM »
Just got to Kashyyyk in Jedi: Fallen Order and I’m absolutely loving the game. It’s an approachable Dark Souls (not super punishing), with hints of Arkham exploration/puzzle solving, all complimented with a Naughty Dog-lite presentation. It’s good.

It also runs poorly on my Xbox One X, which is disappointing; conversely, I will be doing some traveling soon and have to leave it for at least a week—I’m really hopeful that Respawn addresses these frame rate / stuttering issues with a patch or two.

Between this and The Mandalorian, STAR WARS IS BACK BB!

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #275 on: November 22, 2019, 10:37:08 PM »
Any Destiny 2 players? Just curious about the server capacities. My brother and I just started playing the free to play version last night and we keep getting caught up in queue times. Is that common for FTP and can you get priority if you buy the game?

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #276 on: November 22, 2019, 10:45:58 PM »
I've played some without spending any money and honestly rarely have issues with queues unless it's an unpopular game mode. I'm playing on PC so there's a lot of players.

I'm still slowly playing though Legend of Grimrock. I can maybe do a level a day before I have to take a break.

Other than that I've got a lot of games I'm dipping my toes into but nothing is leaping out to me. I'm thinking about replaying an old favorite.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #277 on: November 23, 2019, 06:03:51 PM »
I've played a couple more times without issue. The first time there was a 2400 long queue but it only took a few minutes. The second time we went straight in. It looked like our first night just happened to have server issues.

It's a fun game. It's confusing as CINECAST! though. So many things to look at. Terrible minimap. I'm sure it'll get easier the more we play.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #278 on: November 26, 2019, 05:57:56 AM »
I'm disappointed to see Origins doesn't have a free trial for their subscription service. Was hoping to test Star Wars before forking out $80 for it.

Speaking of which. I don't suppose Rockstar has a sub service? I'd like to try Red Dead on PC to see if mine can handle it.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #279 on: November 26, 2019, 07:59:51 PM »
I don't think Rockstar does, but might be worth poking around what their refund policy is, or Steam's if it's on there.

love