Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 75657 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: What are you playing? NOW STREAMING 2019!
« Reply #280 on: November 26, 2019, 08:41:09 PM »
Red Dead Redemption 2 will be on Steam at the end of the year. To my knowledge, Rockstar and Epic are the only two stores that sell RDR2 on PC for now and I don't think either offer refunds.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #281 on: November 26, 2019, 08:53:57 PM »
I thought Steam did if you played for under a certain amount of time? Though I haven't really looked in to it, I remember stories cropping up around short narrative games where people would finish them within the return window and just request a refund.

RDR is also on Stadia, I think, but obvi a lower userbase atm.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #282 on: November 26, 2019, 09:00:44 PM »
I’ve returned a game or two on steam and also had a return rejected. I don’t know the conditions but it’s something like under a few hours played within a short period.

My pc isn’t powerful enough to take the plunge on Star Wars without testing first. I gave Outer Worlds a run this morning and I have to run that on low to average.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #283 on: November 27, 2019, 07:32:43 PM »
And here FLY am just wishing my old ass laptop would run Disco Elysium.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #284 on: December 12, 2019, 07:32:18 PM »
The Keighleies are tonight. In before Death Stranding sweeps all the awards.  ::)

https://youtu.be/jxAihuiYxuU
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 07:36:24 PM by Sam the Cinema Snob »

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #285 on: December 13, 2019, 08:46:01 AM »
Just realized that I missed it. Looks like Microsoft is sticking with their convoluted naming strategy with their Xbox brand, and they picked the worst Game of the Year. Oh well, at least Ghost of Tsushima looks awesome.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #286 on: December 13, 2019, 12:59:38 PM »
I haven't played Sekiro yet, but it kinda feels like when they gave the Oscar to DiCaprio for The Revenant as a sort of consolation Oscar for snubbing him before. Bloodborne is the game that should have a VGA. Still cool that From Software got some recognition.

The only announced game that piqued my interest was Weird West. I'm not an action RPG kind of guy, but the promise of immersive sim elements speaks to me and the setting and aesthetic is atypical of the genre.

I'm debating getting Disco Elysium which I know I'll probably love but I'm kinda tight on money right now. Still, I have the time for that kind of game right now so I might just go ahead and take the hit.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #287 on: December 14, 2019, 07:27:39 PM »
Wish I could play Disco. Can't wait for the Switch port in a year or whenever after its moment has passed and I forget/don't care about it any more similar to what happened/is happening with Obra Dinn.

Control seems pretty cool early on. CoD multiplayer is great and I'm thinking about buying the battle pass. Currently the only battle pass I do is the Clash Royale one for $5 each month, but that seems fine considering how much/long I've played that game, and also that it's the best game ever made.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #288 on: December 14, 2019, 10:24:00 PM »
Disco is great so far but boy is it dark. I had to quit playing it last night because the writing got super depressing. May have to relegate to playing it in very small doses.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #289 on: December 18, 2019, 08:34:01 PM »
Finished Pokemon. Liked it a lot, but it felt super short.