Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 75632 times)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #320 on: January 28, 2020, 12:40:33 AM »
Downloaded the Hotline Miami Collection. Immediately turned off by the fact that I can only reconfigure controls for the sequel, not the original. The Switch controls are horrible! The game is almost unplayable because of it. I wish I could return it.

I hate low-effort ports like that. Such a shame for such a fun game with one of the best soundtracks.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #321 on: January 28, 2020, 08:02:18 PM »
Bought KRZ:TVE for Switch. Will start tonight probs.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #322 on: January 28, 2020, 10:57:37 PM »
I've had it on PC for 5 years. Will finally start it now that it's done.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #323 on: January 29, 2020, 06:46:35 AM »
I have really been enjoying the aRPG Children of Morta. It's a Game Pass freebie and wears its Secret of Mana influences loud and proud. The overtly animated low-fi bit art (think Swords and Sworcery) is really a delight to watch. Oh, and the game is fun too I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmjZ7qh1inM

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
« Reply #324 on: February 05, 2020, 04:11:58 PM »
Finished all four dungeons of BREATH OF THE WILD. Not sure if I will get to Ganon. My interest is waning.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #325 on: February 07, 2020, 09:55:21 PM »
I have really been enjoying the aRPG Children of Morta. It's a Game Pass freebie and wears its Secret of Mana influences loud and proud. The overtly animated low-fi bit art (think Swords and Sworcery) is really a delight to watch. Oh, and the game is fun too I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmjZ7qh1inM

I've put about 10 minutes into this annnnnd i don't think I'm going back. I like pixel art style but this one just looks ugly to me.

I've also put about 20 minutes into Frostpunk and I'm enjoying that. It looks difficult with a bit of a learning curve but it's fun so far.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #326 on: February 07, 2020, 11:54:40 PM »
I'm at the timeskip in my second play-through of FE Three Houses, and am finding it much more enjoyable than in Edelgard's, though I reserve ultimate judgment for the end. I'm determined to do all four routes before summer. Will still get Animal Crossing for the occasional breather.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #327 on: February 08, 2020, 11:06:51 AM »
What's the fourth route?

I'm def getting AC when that comes out, and slowly working my way through KRZ when the mood strikes. Been bouncing off of Dead Cells since I hit another wall (consistently able to get to the last boss with one boss cell active, assuming I have a good mix of weapons and traps, but he mostly always destroys me) and jumped back in to Shovel Knight since they are all out. Put Plague Knight aside super quick, the mechanics in that one seem terrible, but loving Spectre Knight. Haven't played OG Shov since it came out on 3DS, so may jump back in there if I feel like it after Spectre and King.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #328 on: February 09, 2020, 04:44:45 AM »
The existence of a fourth route, not a spoiler. How to get there, definitely is:

Each houses second half involves a war with the empire, or waging war as the empire. For Golden Deer it's called Verdant Wind and for Blue Lions it's called Azure Moon. If you pick one of those two houses, it's straight forward. However, if you choose the Black Eagles at the beginning, there is a choice prior to the timeskip where you make a decision between Edelgard (Crimson Flower) and the church (Silver Snow). I rolled with Edelgard the first time, and I think I'll save Silver Snow 'til after I've done the three houses in a normal way.

I should also say, I felt really bad about what I was doing with Edelgard, even if I thought Rhea was a total psychopath from early on. You really do see a difference between what a church ought to be for its people, and what one demented leader can turn it into.

I don't play a ton of games, just get locked into one for a month or two, then move on. I'm ready for the Last of Us 2. Cyberpunk 2077 looks cool. I'm definitely checking out Bravely Default 2 considering how much time I put into the first (loooooove the job system). And then, Tales of Arise looks promising.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #329 on: February 10, 2020, 07:59:35 PM »
The game Slay The Spire is pretty cool.