Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 12512 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Anime is for jerks."
    • Creative Criticism
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #330 on: February 10, 2020, 09:55:10 PM »
I've got about 90 hours in it. I'd say it's a winner.

etdoesgood

• Elite Member
  • I'll pitch in...28 seconds...can't take it...
« Reply #331 on: February 11, 2020, 12:06:21 AM »
I'm not baggin' on it, I've heard great things, but I still wonder: Do I really want to put all that into a card game? What makes it so fantastic?
A desert person.

My Sight & Sound 100 Marathon

Simple Distinctions:
Great  |  Good  |  Mixed  | Bad

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #332 on: February 11, 2020, 06:46:12 AM »
I'm not baggin' on it, I've heard great things, but I still wonder: Do I really want to put all that into a card game? What makes it so fantastic?

I can't vouch for it, but my girlfriend has put probably 200+ hours into this game. I'm not a card/deck builder person, but I do appreciate watching her play and seeing how she plans out her deck based on the bosses/enemies for each "level" of the spire. Again, I'm not sure it's a game for everyone, but as someone who has loved stuff like Dominion, this game is perfect for her.

I'm not playing as many games as I'd like lately, especially considering that I have a big move forthcoming in March, but I'm still finding pockets of time to play some Call of Duty and PUBG when I can. Also, really wish I could play more Death Stranding, but I feel like I need hours available for that game, and I just can't give it the attention it so deserves.

Hey life, slow down a little will ya?

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #333 on: February 11, 2020, 08:38:09 PM »
Think new paid Dead Cells DLC hit today. I also finished Spectre Knight, which was great, started King Knight, but I think I hate that card game.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
« Reply #334 on: February 14, 2020, 12:00:09 AM »
Is there a more trash app than the Xbox game pass beta app on pc? It's the worst.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Anime is for jerks."
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #335 on: February 14, 2020, 04:00:41 AM »
Uplay and Origin are both garbage tier when last I used them. Xbox game pass is quite awful, but it's probably the best deal in PC gaming right now so I'm not complaining too much. One game a month is pretty much worth the subscription price. I've been playing Frostpunk on it lately.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
« Reply #336 on: February 14, 2020, 10:04:27 AM »
I've also been playing Frostpunk. I've completed the New Home scenario you start on. I'm now messing around with endless mode. I've been impressed. I typically play hard and burn out quickly on city builders but so far it's great.

I also just played a free game on Steam called We Were Here. It's a co-op puzzle game about escaping a castle. It was pretty hard. It took us 2 hours to finish it and that was by sending through photos of the hints. Would definitely take longer without that. It's good fun though. Going to look into the 2 sequels next.

etdoesgood

• Elite Member
  • I'll pitch in...28 seconds...can't take it...
« Reply #337 on: February 17, 2020, 02:56:44 AM »
You all have put Frostpunk on my summer vacation list, summer vacation being when I do 80% of my gaming for the year. Love city builders and management games, sounds right up my ally.

Anything you all are anticipating? For me:
Two Point Hospital (could get it on Steam, but for some reason want it on Switch)
Animal Crossing
The Last of Us 2
Cyberpunk 2077
Spiritfarer

And hey, how about!

Looks super fun and super hilarious. Hope it pans out. Maybe it'll provide the romance sim that's lacking from the latest installment of Fire Emblem.
A desert person.

My Sight & Sound 100 Marathon

Simple Distinctions:
Great  |  Good  |  Mixed  | Bad

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Anime is for jerks."
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #338 on: February 17, 2020, 08:06:17 AM »
Upcoming games I want to play:

Doom Eternal