Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 75309 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #380 on: March 09, 2020, 08:51:11 PM »
Didn't finish Hollow Knight, but I liked what I played of it. They mentioned on the Bombcast last week that the new Ori feels a lot like it, and I'm going to give that a play through GamePass when it drops later this week. Enjoyed the first Ori, but also didn't finish that. Hollow Knight wasn't especially hard from what I recall.

In To The Breach is a lot of fun, but like with FTL I didn't feel the pull to replay it with other kits because the main set of troops they give it is so good. I also made it through In To The Breach on like my second or third run.

Edith Finch was alright for me as well, had no problems with The Witness either though. Edith Finch is a great game, a few of those sequences are super strong. I've wanted to go through it again, but unsure if I will.

The first couple of plots in Two Point Hospital were super easy. Fun, but really simple. I should get back to Zoo Tycoon.

Finished Dead Cells One Boss Cell run last night! Did most of it with a quick bow and a cross bow, but towards the end got this stupid strong guitar that I switched out the quick bow with in the castle. Had the slicer and other purple shooting thing for traps as well, which are my favorites. Not sure I'll do two cell just yet, but I guess I will since I haven't been drawn to finishing Kentucky Route Zero and there's still like 10 days until Animal Crossing.

Pre-ordered Doom as well.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #381 on: March 09, 2020, 09:10:31 PM »
HLTB had Into the Breach at 5 hours for main, 20 hrs for main + extras, I usually do a lot of extras. Hopefully I can find extra value there.

Don't get me wrong, I think Edith Finch is a really good game. Just a game that also made me queasy and I could only play 30 minutes at a time.

You're reminding me to get to Two Point. Just looks fun. OK, time to start Hollow Knight...
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #382 on: March 09, 2020, 09:23:31 PM »
Two Point is definitely fun so far, I'm just worried that I've 'figured it out' unless they start throwing in different objectives, like how the original Roller Coaster Tycoon or Zoo Tycoon games would. Right now it's just slowly build and expand until you hit all objectives.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #383 on: March 09, 2020, 09:26:10 PM »
I think I've played about 80 hours of Into the Breach and there are a couple of squads I haven't finished the game with yet.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #384 on: March 14, 2020, 12:13:35 PM »
Ori is CINECAST!ing legit so far.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #385 on: March 14, 2020, 01:02:45 PM »
I thought the first one was rather lame as both a Metroidvania and an action platformer. I think I'll pass.

About 50 hours into Divinity: Original Sin II and I feel like I'm getting into what might be the third act but there's still a lot of quests I have left that are unresolved that I'd like to finish out so I could see myself sinking another 30+ hours in this game. I've got a friend who finished it at a little under 100 hours. Still pretty ticked about the armor system which has made experimentation with abilities super limiting. There are a lot of quality of life improvements from Original Sin but I feel like the first one still might be the better overall game.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #386 on: March 14, 2020, 01:34:46 PM »
I'd say that so far this one is a lot different than the first one mechanically, it really does take a lot of cues from Hollow Knight, though I feel like the fluidity of the controls are better and it's not as punishing if you just want to focus on the platforming over the combat. Between the upgrade mechanics, side quests, and even the combat itself I've been having a blast through the first four hours or so. Very pretty too, and not overly difficult thus far, but challenging if you seek out those extras. Never finished the first one, but this one has made a much better first impression. Unsure if the PC versions are still messy. I haven't had any issues on the X1X. Also super beautiful to look at.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #387 on: March 16, 2020, 02:55:29 AM »
I'd say that so far this one is a lot different than the first one mechanically, it really does take a lot of cues from Hollow Knight, though I feel like the fluidity of the controls are better and it's not as punishing if you just want to focus on the platforming over the combat. Between the upgrade mechanics, side quests, and even the combat itself I've been having a blast through the first four hours or so. Very pretty too, and not overly difficult thus far, but challenging if you seek out those extras. Never finished the first one, but this one has made a much better first impression. Unsure if the PC versions are still messy. I haven't had any issues on the X1X. Also super beautiful to look at.

I'm playing Hollow Knight (PC) right now, and am loving it. It takes me several days to really get into a game and start playing for longer than an hour at a time, and I'm finally there. I really dig the sound and ambiance of this. It's pretty wicked.

Ori has gotten really good reviews, and sounds like another "Metroidvania" to add to the list, especially since I want to check out new titles. Do I have to have played the first one to "get it"?
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #388 on: March 16, 2020, 07:06:14 PM »
No, the story for each game is pretty basic and a lot told with the visuals. These are pretty unconnected outside of having Ori as the lead character, and a few side characters you don't see very often. I never finished the first and don't remember much about it, but this one definitely takes places in a completely different place. Structured differently too, with the more choose which area you want to tackle first aspect once the main quest really kicks in.

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
« Reply #389 on: March 16, 2020, 08:31:23 PM »
- I finally entered the second part of FIRE EMBLEM: THREE HOUSES. The story has truly ramped up. Highly recommend the Golden Deers path.

- I started THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT. People told me the graphics on the Switch port weren't great, but I wasn't expecting it to be barely Xbox 360 level. Yikes.

- I have unlocked half of the characters in SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE.