love

Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 75313 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #390 on: March 17, 2020, 03:49:59 AM »
I'm usually not a big graphics person but Witcher 3 of one of the best looking games of the generation and I think people are missing out with the Switch version.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #391 on: March 17, 2020, 04:24:38 AM »
- I finally entered the second part of FIRE EMBLEM: THREE HOUSES. The story has truly ramped up. Highly recommend the Golden Deers path.

It is definitely the superior path if you want to have fun and a get a lot out of the game.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
« Reply #392 on: March 17, 2020, 09:03:19 PM »
I'm usually not a big graphics person but Witcher 3 of one of the best looking games of the generation and I think people are missing out with the Switch version.

I am not a graphics person either but I forgot how much they matter when you're not playing a game that is stylized like a cartoon (most Nintendo games).

- I finally entered the second part of FIRE EMBLEM: THREE HOUSES. The story has truly ramped up. Highly recommend the Golden Deers path.

It is definitely the superior path if you want to have fun and a get a lot out of the game.

I thought about giving it a second play through with Black Eagles but I am rethinking that now because almost everyone has said the other two storylines are forgettable.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #393 on: March 17, 2020, 11:42:46 PM »
The Black Eagles ending is infuriating. You'd think it'd be the most intriguing ending based on what you see from Claude's side in regards to what happens with the Black Eagle house, but I'll just say I was very upset I gave so much time to it. Then I did Golden Deer and felt so much better about the game as a whole.

Hollow Knight, at least in the early stages is very (covered so as not to make you blush)...phallic. I haven't seen this many phalli since I last watched Super Bad.

A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
« Reply #394 on: March 19, 2020, 01:58:05 PM »
- I tried THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT again but two new different problems stopped me this time. 1. The game has the lighting of an average GAME OF THRONES episode. It is difficult to see anything because everything is so dark. Playing this on handheld means I see the reflection of my face for the majority of the experience. 2. The first side quest I took was also very dark but in a different way. Two men break into a woman's house and died there from some sort of disease. What a coincidence! Their last action? Scraping off the soot of a pan to write a letter to their loved ones. So... yeah. I will be putting this one on hold for a little while.

- I am on Chapter 15 of FIRE EMBLEM: THREE HOUSES (Verdant Wind). A bright and cheery game set in the backdrop of a brutal war! There was one support conversation where two of the characters talk about if they ever think about the people they murdered (Alois and Shamir). It was equally hilarious and surprising that the game would be that self-aware.

- I unlocked Dark Samus in SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE.

- I played MARIO KART 8: DELUXE online for the first time. Why does anyone do the races? I much prefer battle mode.

- I downloaded SOUTH PARK: THE STICK OF TRUTH. I have yet to play it. Only 12$ right now from the Nintendo E-Shop.

- I restarted GameFly. Top of the list? SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY and FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE.

-

Add me! SW 4992-2024-7710. I have MARIO KART 8: DELUXE, SUPER MARIO PARTY, and SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE. Does anyone like/recommend OVERCOOKED 2?

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #395 on: March 19, 2020, 02:10:42 PM »
Ovecooked 2 is a great couch coop game. Not sure how well it would translate online. Being in the same room and yelling at each other to do things is most of the charm.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #396 on: March 19, 2020, 07:21:20 PM »
Finished Ori, it's a really tremendous game.

Seems like my Amazon order for DOOM Eternal may be slightly delayed due to the corona v. I'd go digital instead, but the Amazon version was $10 off and can't imagine it's super long so I'll sell it once I'm no longer locked down. Better to wait than going out and making/justifying the workers be at Gamestop, though I think they have been selling it all day from what I read online.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #397 on: March 19, 2020, 09:29:06 PM »
T-minus 90 minutes to Animal Crossing!

Will, sent you a friend request. I have Mario Kart and Mario Party (and Animal Crossing soon) in terms of internet-functional games.

Played The Stick of Truth on PS3 when it first came out and had a lot of fun with it.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #398 on: March 19, 2020, 10:16:52 PM »
My Friend Code is: SW-0282-4999-7006.
I too will be crossing the animals.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #399 on: March 19, 2020, 10:47:39 PM »
For others who haven't posted, mine is 0867-9335-1400.