love

Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 75702 times)

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #420 on: March 23, 2020, 06:34:27 PM »
If you're looking more for management games, Frostpunk is excellent but also very depressing and challenging.

I got back into StarCraft II. It's had to have been about 6 years since I last launched it. Finally going to play the Protoss campaign. Amazing how quickly all the muscle memory came back to me. Little dusty on my micro, but my macro feels pretty good still. Playing missions on Hard and it feels just about perfect.

I don't mind a challenging management game, I'm not bad at thinking through all the different problems. I saw you recommended Frostpunk before. It's a distinct possibility, if not for now, then for the summer.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
« Reply #421 on: March 24, 2020, 07:20:18 PM »
- I broke down and bought ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS out of peer pressure. It's actually quite good! I named my island Carly Rae and have pears. Anyone want pears?

- I liked GOLF STORY. It's charming, the gameplay is complex but made easy for golf dummies, and the writing is truly AAA level. Yet notice how I said "I liked". There's an absolutely infuriating mini game that you must complete in order to progress. If you have played the game, then you know what I am talking about. Disc. Golf. It's the WORST. The game doesn't explain the controls so I feel like I am constantly doing something wrong. It just feels impossible to control. I am going to give it a few more tries then return it to GameFly. I thought the game was a near-masterpiece until its first appearance. Then when the mini game appeared again, I realized that I could not properly recommend it.

-

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #422 on: March 24, 2020, 11:28:27 PM »
- I broke down and bought ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS out of peer pressure. It's actually quite good! I named my island Carly Rae and have pears. Anyone want pears?

- I liked GOLF STORY. It's charming, the gameplay is complex but made easy for golf dummies, and the writing is truly AAA level. Yet notice how I said "I liked". There's an absolutely infuriating mini game that you must complete in order to progress. If you have played the game, then you know what I am talking about. Disc. Golf. It's the WORST. The game doesn't explain the controls so I feel like I am constantly doing something wrong. It just feels impossible to control. I am going to give it a few more tries then return it to GameFly. I thought the game was a near-masterpiece until its first appearance. Then when the mini game appeared again, I realized that I could not properly recommend it.

-

Sounds like yet another game I'd uninstall, lol.

I'm getting started on Animal Crossing and Smash Bros. tomorrow. I'll get my ID out there as soon as I figure out what it is. I have done very, very little online gaming in my life, have played a little Smash, and haven't played Animal Crossing since the Game Cube. I loved my Game Cube.

Hopefully even if we get at each other in the Politics thread or in a disagreement about a movie, everyone can still be friends in Animal Crossing.

Lastly, I need my two favorite Nintendo franchises to come soon, remasters, new installments, whatever:
AND

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #423 on: March 25, 2020, 06:34:52 PM »
Well past due for a new 2-D Metroid. No real interest in Prime 4. Would definitely be up for a new Pikmin. My suggestion, in Smash, is to use Ganondorf.

There's a fourth character in Slay The Spire! She might be almost as good as The Silent!

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
« Reply #424 on: March 25, 2020, 06:54:42 PM »
- I downloaded CONDUCT TOGETHER for $0.01 on the Nintendo eShop today. It's great! Highly recommend it!

- I played TETRIS 99 for the first time. Blah. I don't care at all for online Tetris.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #425 on: March 25, 2020, 07:38:03 PM »
FLY - I will take both a 2D and 3D Metroid, thankyouverymuch. Fusion is probably my favorite entry into the series, but I love the Prime games, too. The Game Cube and GBA days were when I did a lot more gaming and played the shit out of them.

Will - I saw all the 99% offs, but figured they were all games no one cares about. I guess you can't go wrong with a cent.

Friend Code: SW-2123-0422-7154

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #426 on: March 25, 2020, 10:30:01 PM »
Anyone still play Apex Legends?

Just me?

Okay.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #427 on: March 26, 2020, 01:10:51 PM »
My mom got the new Animal Crossing today. I probably won't be able to touch it myself until tonight, especially since she's been playing it for the last two hours straight! It'll be a good communal distraction.

I'll post my friend code at some point soon.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #428 on: March 26, 2020, 05:43:23 PM »

Just me?

Okay.

I do. I stopped for a while for some reason but got back into it a few weeks back. My time is a bit more spit between that and Warzone now though.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #429 on: March 26, 2020, 06:29:56 PM »

Just me?

Okay.

I do. I stopped for a while for some reason but got back into it a few weeks back. My time is a bit more spit between that and Warzone now though.

Been trying Crypto as my main for a while and it's been fun. Being able too grab banners with the drone is probably his best feature.

Still think I prefer Mirage though.

love