love

Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 75664 times)

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #430 on: March 27, 2020, 07:29:58 PM »
Anyone still play Apex Legends?

Just me?

Okay.

I do. I stopped for a while for some reason but got back into it a few weeks back. My time is a bit more spit between that and Warzone now though.

Been trying Crypto as my main for a while and it's been fun. Being able too grab banners with the drone is probably his best feature.

Still think I prefer Mirage though.

I haven't played either of those. I mained Bloodhound when i first started. Now Pathfinder is my guy. I find swinging too fun and helpful. I'm trying out Octane now though.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #431 on: March 27, 2020, 11:33:20 PM »
Finish the first 2 of 12 files (chapters) in Astral Chain. Platinum Games is known for great action combat, and you get more of it here. You simultaneously control long-range and close-range combat ala Nier: Automata and face a bunch of confrontations per file for which you get ranked like Bayonetta. Overall, it's more Bayonetta than Nier, considering the parallel reality you venture into, this time a techno-hell, and progressively larger beasts to slay with an intermittent swarm of lesser enemies. Nier was about the world, this is about the confrontations that progress the story. I don't know that this is on either of those levels, the cut scenes have been excessive so far and the characters are more generic. 2B, 9S, and of course Bayonetta are some of the most memorable characters in my gaming experience, and I don't think that's going to be added to here.

Animal Crossing is up and running. I am ET and the island is called Home. I know, lame, but fun. Not much time put into yet, but I'm getting there.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #432 on: March 28, 2020, 05:22:30 AM »
My friend code is 8482-0452-4621.

I think I added everyone from the past few pages.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #433 on: March 28, 2020, 01:28:41 PM »
Just got all the fruit from my friend/former coworker. My island is about to have a well balanced diet for sure. I also put a litter box outside of the house of Felicity the cat.

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
« Reply #434 on: March 30, 2020, 07:48:35 PM »
- I am an hour into UNDERTALE. I don't think it's a masterpiece, but I love a game that allows you to be nice. I haven't killed a single character yet. I am not a huge fan of the puzzles though. While the story works, I haven't been grabbed yet. It's fine.

- I am almost done with FIRE EMBLEM: THREE HOUSES. The support conversations for the Golden Deers path surprised me. I didn't realize just how much depth they gave to these characters. I wish the animation was better directed, but otherwise I think this is a solid contender for the best game I played in the last few years.

- I introduced SUPER MARIO PARTY to the roommates. They LOVE the mini games. We haven't done a board yet. I want them all to get accommodated with the mini games first. They aren't gamers so I am starting them slow. They weren't a fan of MARIO KART 8: DELUXE, however. To be honest? Neither am I. I love MARIO KART 64 and DOUBLE DASH, but I haven't liked many of the recent MARIO KART games. Visually speaking, many of the courses are just too cluttered.

- I visited many people's islands in ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS over the last few days. The level of detail people are bringing to their "works" is insane. I can't keep up. Anyway, I have Hamlet on my island and I am obsessed over his dialogue. One of the best characters ever.

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
« Reply #435 on: March 30, 2020, 07:50:36 PM »

Animal Crossing is up and running. I am ET and the island is called Home. I know, lame, but fun. Not much time put into yet, but I'm getting there.

Love it! My friends have WestCot and Tortuga.

Just got all the fruit from my friend/former coworker. My island is about to have a well balanced diet for sure. I also put a litter box outside of the house of Felicity the cat.

I put a beekeeper's hive in front of every bear that moves in.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #436 on: March 30, 2020, 07:54:44 PM »
I agree about MK8 being lackluster. Plus a lot of the new items are annoying. I do like coins building your top speed.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #437 on: March 30, 2020, 08:33:36 PM »
I'd be up for some island visiting in Animal Crossing sometime soon. Maybe this weekend we could meet up and island hop.

What fruits do people have? My island has peaches with a pear tree coming in.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #438 on: March 30, 2020, 08:38:56 PM »
- I am an hour into UNDERTALE. I don't think it's a masterpiece, but I love a game that allows you to be nice. I haven't killed a single character yet. I am not a huge fan of the puzzles though. While the story works, I haven't been grabbed yet. It's fine.

I honestly think this is an example of auteurism in gaming, and you have to buy in to what the creator(s) is/are doing. I like the non-combat/dodge game, and I don't think the the puzzles are supposed to stump you too much.

- I visited many people's islands in ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS over the last few days. The level of detail people are bringing to their "works" is insane. I can't keep up. Anyway, I have Hamlet on my island and I am obsessed over his dialogue. One of the best characters ever.

I'm struggling to get into it, but hopefully soon. It's hard for me to sit down for hours and do Animal Crossing, but I think once I do a couple longer sessions I'll be there.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #439 on: March 30, 2020, 09:58:09 PM »
At this point I have at least two of each fruit in some state of growth. Apples are my native fruit.