Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 75674 times)

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #800 on: October 09, 2020, 05:15:51 AM »
Tropico 5 is exactly what i was looking for. I struggle to play old games usually because the UI's tend to feel outdated quickly but this one feels fresh. I also tend to go hard and burn out on city builders within a week or so because there's never enough mid to late game content but this one is keeping my attention with the 4 eras you progress through. I only just hit Cold War now after failing the first time by losing an election one week in. I'm enjoying the struggle.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #801 on: October 09, 2020, 09:45:15 PM »
Glad to hear it!

I decided to play some spooky games this month and I started with the Cyberpunk horror game Observer staring Rutger Hauer. It's excellent and well written without the cheap jumpscares and repeated deaths. Highly recommend as it works as both a Cyberpunk story and a horror game.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #802 on: October 13, 2020, 08:39:39 AM »
Can't find this Vita charger anywhere.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #803 on: October 13, 2020, 10:26:22 AM »
Can't find this Vita charger anywhere.
Oh no! You could always make a run to a used game shop and I bet you they have a dozen.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #804 on: October 13, 2020, 05:43:15 PM »
If only, I've been working pretty much 10-8 every day for the past two months. Going to have to be a Switch and 3DS trip.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #805 on: October 13, 2020, 05:45:32 PM »
Oh no!  :'(

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #806 on: October 13, 2020, 08:27:45 PM »
This is pissing me off lol I've been through pretty much all my wires. Thought I'd have a tough time finding the actual Vita, but I got that super quick, and found my 3DS and DS Lite chargers no problem, but this stupid Vita one is no where to be found. Though I probably haven't played it in like 4 years or more at this point.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #807 on: October 17, 2020, 11:14:23 PM »
Saw credits on Hades. Easily a favorite now. I'm not sure it stands up as systemically interesting as my favorite roguelights but it's a great action game with great characters and a lot of replay value. There's more to do post credits but I'm taking a break for now.

So now I've got time to give love to Spelunky 2 which is the gift that keeps on giving. Each session is a chance to see something new based on all the systems working together. I feel like more than any narrative driven game I don't want to get spoiled for Spelunky 2. I've tenetively watched some videos and streams but tune out once they get to sections I haven't seen.

Trying to get my spook on with Alien: Isolation. I started it a year or two ago and got stuck. Turned the difficultly down to normal and learned that there is a lean back and hold breath mechanic that the PC UI does not show well. Now with that I've been able to progress more and I'm enjoying it even as I'm still a bit confused as to what does and doesn't get the alien's attention. I've literally hit it over the head with the cattle prod and it didn't turn around but sometimes I walk nonchalantly into an empty room and the alien runs from two rooms away to kill me.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #808 on: October 19, 2020, 07:12:19 PM »
Finished Hades as well last night. I'll keep playing with the modifers to see what else these is to do, but agree that it doesn't have the same rougelike pull of something like Dead Cells or Spelunky. Also finished it with the unmodified gloves, which I still think is the worst weapon, but figure you can balance it out if you get good to decent hammer modifiers early on and just load as many Artemis boons as you can get (which seem to be the best in the game).

EDIT: The bow is actually the worst weapon.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 08:41:26 AM by FLYmeatwad »

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #809 on: October 22, 2020, 07:29:10 PM »
As I continue deliving deeper into Spelunky 2, I'm playing some old favorites I haven't played in a long time. Fez was up first and I've got some thoughts I'll have to wait until next week to share since I'm going camping starting tomorrow. Started on Deus Ex today.

The list of what I plan to revisit:

Dark Souls
Fallout
X-COM: UFO Defense
Deus Ex
Beyond Good and Evil
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Planescape: Torment
Riven
Far Cry 2
Thief 2
Darklands
Doom
Psychonauts
Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura
Fallout: New Vegas
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (I got about halfway through this one but then built a new PC and I'm not sure if my cloud save got backed up.)