Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 75668 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #810 on: October 24, 2020, 10:07:14 AM »
Have since cleared Hades twice more, once with Zeus aspect shield and one heat, then the very next run with the same heat and the second option for the sword. Guess I’ll keep playing, still having fun, working on the cosmetic upgrades now, but they go slow. Think I need a few more clears until credits as well.

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
« Reply #811 on: October 24, 2020, 10:23:48 PM »
Baba is You gets tough fast. There's a sense of security in the first few levels that the difficulty will slowly ramp up. Nope.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #812 on: October 24, 2020, 10:34:09 PM »
I bounced off of it eventually because I probably wasn't as programming oriented as it wanted me to be, but do think pretty highly of it.

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #813 on: October 24, 2020, 10:42:31 PM »
Baba is You gets tough fast. There's a sense of security in the first few levels that the difficulty will slowly ramp up. Nope.

It's very difficult. I've had to look up so many of the solutions because I just wasn't getting it.

If you don't care about spoilers I would suggest watching the speedrun to see how insane and meta the game actually gets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdEnUHxy0CQ&t=1650s&ab_channel=GamesDoneQuick

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #814 on: October 24, 2020, 10:47:57 PM »
That seems like it'd be an interesting video, sadly I keep telling myself I'll get back to it lol

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #815 on: October 25, 2020, 02:42:36 PM »
I want to beat that one without hints but that may be an unrealistic expectation. I boot it up and look at every puzzle available and give up when I've progressed nowhere in about an hour every 2-3 months.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #816 on: October 29, 2020, 12:10:07 PM »
First off, my thoughts on revisiting Fez.

Replaying Deus Ex. Still one of the greats.

Picked up Paradise Killer for Switch. Vaporwave vibes like crazy. I dig it.

Still spelunkin'.

On the fence about getting a PS5. Medical bills plus holiday gifts are gonna eat at my funds and job stability is not great at the moment.

Cyberpunk 2077 getting delayed one more time for current gen consoles is just a reminder of how much simultaneous launches suck. I love how most indie devs just don't even bother and have a when it's ready attitude about releasing on more platforms. Sucks about the cruch, though.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #817 on: October 29, 2020, 01:24:57 PM »
I just can't see a reason for getting a PS5 at launch. Maybe if I could afford a 4K TV to go with it, but right now funds are really too tight to buy either. I've had every generation of Playstation, but I think each time I didn't get it until at least a year into production. I don't mind waiting a while.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #818 on: October 29, 2020, 01:59:15 PM »
I like the idea of having it around for the holidays and playing Demon's Souls Remake and Spider-Man: Miles Morales. It might be best to wait like you say. I've never bought a console at launch and this is the first time I've had the funds to do so. Plus, if quarantine life is going to continue, I may need something new in my life.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #819 on: October 29, 2020, 05:23:54 PM »
As someone who has a 4K TV already and no competent gaming PC, I'm excited for these new machines. Also after gift cards and trades the PS5 disc version and Series X will cost me about $200 out of pocket, which is fine.

love