Author Topic: Top 5 Jump Scares  (Read 5106 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: Top 5 Jump Scares
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2019, 11:16:47 PM »
Jacob's Ladder  -

Yikes. I know it by reputation only. No idea what the story is, and that's the first clip of the movie I've ever seen (to my knowledge).

A top 100 for me, it is one of those WTF kind of film where both the viewer and the main character are going down a rabbit hole of trying to grasp what is happening. 

« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 11:21:58 PM by jdc »
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2019, 11:45:33 PM »
The one that stands out in my mind is this one from Jackie Chan's First Strike.
I thought you might have some Jackie Chan, but I only remembered the snowboard leap into the helicopter from First Strike.

You scooped me again with MI:II. I thought of a bunch of great jumps from the series - the hole in the bridge in 3, the leap back inside the hotel in 4 (my favorite), and ankle breaker in the last one (which I used as the first image because it looked best.)

The Die Hard fire hose building jump is a Great pick.

1SO, I don't recognize the first two, but the 3rd looks like Bourne Ultimatum (Bourne probably has a few good jumps in each film eh), and the 4th looks like Supercop. Good stunt. :)

Mission: Impossible Fallout
Fast & Furious 6
Bourne Ultimatum
Supercop - I was actually looking for the moment where Michelle Yeoh falls backwards off the train onto the windshield of Jackie Chan's pursuit vehicle. Talk about a leap of faith, but this was very tricky to get the physics right.
Must See  |  Should See  |  Good  |  Mixed  |  Bad

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2019, 11:31:01 PM »
The one that stands out in my mind is this one from Jackie Chan's First Strike.
I thought you might have some Jackie Chan, but I only remembered the snowboard leap into the helicopter from First Strike.
I think Who Am I has an even more vertigo-inducing scene, but it's not really a "jump". I shake my head at this on the edge of a building portion of the fight sequence, which like 30 seconds of an 11 minute fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8j2zqRkDIw&t=1m24s#no

Gawd!