love

Author Topic: The Mandalorian  (Read 8527 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: The Mandalorian
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2019, 07:54:43 PM »
This show has no real plot or character nuance so far. I love the tone but there's almost nothing here that couldn't have simply been a movie. Feels like butter scraped over too much bread.

It's just Favreau being Favreau. Been enjoying it thus far for the most part, despite that.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2019, 09:17:40 AM »
For a season so short with episodes less than 40 minutes chapter 4 felt like total filler.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2019, 10:33:08 AM »
It seems a lot of people are looking at it as one long movie split into parts when I think we’re now past the pilot and looking at an episodic television show. This episode delved into this Mandalorian considering his new role as a ronin and his responsibility to the baby. It also introduces an ex-soldier, and I don’t think we’ve seen the last of her.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2019, 08:52:30 PM »
This last episode was terrible. So many poorly shot action scenes, the pinnacle being the awful brawl during the night. The pit droids weren't funny in Episode I and they aren't funny here. Add in mostly sidelining The Child and this episode had almost no notable moments. I did kinda like the idea of the rookie double crossing the Mandalorian but it felt like it was too easy of an obstical to overcome. The Mandalorian is too much of a Mary Sue in this episode. I liked for he at least seemed like he was scraping by the first two episodes.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2019, 01:14:08 PM »
Hard to tell if today's Ep.6 is the worst. There are a lot of good things in it, but Natalia Tena's performance as the  Twi'lek mercenary was painful to watch. I've seen Tena do just fine in other non-Harry Potter films, so I have to wonder why she was directed this way. Every move, every line delivery, every facial expression is way over-the-top. She also looked uncomfortable in the head gear and teeth, often speaking like a kid on Halloween wearing vampire fangs.

Bill Burr is really good.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2019, 07:25:24 PM »
No enough Baby Yoga.

I liked it for the most part though, even if I'm not huge on the setting up so many characters that they just leave at the end of episodes. Presumably it's to show that Mando is leaving a trail in his wake or something, but maybe they bring them back or just want to have them all out there when/if there are future seasons.

As a whole I thought it was fine, but really weird the way time unfolded. There was 20 minutes, then a minute later 15, then 10 minutes for a period of time that felt like 20 minutes by comparison.

Still, I'll keep watching.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2019, 10:22:52 PM »
I enjoyed this episode a lot. It was a straightforward heist with just the right amount of personal conflicts and twists. It was nothing groundbreaking, but I want more of this from the series and less of the lame Marvel style action setpieces and pseudo-western navel-gazing.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2019, 09:03:15 PM »
There's a new episode of this thing up early to get a jump on the Star Wars release this weekend. I just started it now. Pissed they didn't put HSM up early too.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2019, 05:54:55 AM »

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2019, 12:48:01 PM »
I like the edginess of this series, even though the prison break episode didn't end with as many casualties as it probably should have.  But they aren't shying away from collateral killing and damage.  I've enjoyed every bit of this, even with some TV show-sloppiness/gimmicky-ness, in a lot of ways like Star Trek TNG was but still such a good show. 
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

love