Author Topic: This Forum  (Read 32480 times)

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
Re: This Forum
« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2021, 10:56:40 PM »
Are profile pictures not automatically resized? I just tried to change mine and it did not, it was huge on the homepage, and then just a tall, thin piece of purple (like, the furthest eighth of the picture to the left) on my posts.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2021, 11:46:53 PM »
Not that I have noticed, i would have to try a few in order to get it just right and hope the link to what ever I used stays active
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #242 on: February 04, 2021, 03:47:32 PM »
I use Imgur, so no worries on that, more like, it’s kind of unusual not to have profile pics resized automatically so that you don’t have to find the perfect size. In a small community like this, not a big deal, unlike were it to happen with a Google account. Seems kind of a basic thing, but I’m not any kind of expert.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #243 on: February 05, 2021, 04:15:48 AM »
I use Imgur, so no worries on that, more like, it’s kind of unusual not to have profile pics resized automatically so that you don’t have to find the perfect size.

You can use imgur to resize/crop an image for an avatar. Take a look at my example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9iVncIjZd4

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #244 on: February 05, 2021, 07:35:20 PM »
Thanks! I've only ever used it to upload photos and use them here, so didn't know I could do much else.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #245 on: May 03, 2021, 03:52:09 PM »
So, question, based on Filmspot voting:
Are there more lurkers on the forum than I realize? Or do some just like doing the Filmspots, but not really into the rest of the forum? Kind of wondering who is really out there!

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #246 on: May 03, 2021, 04:06:31 PM »
Are there more lurkers on the forum than I realize? Or do some just like doing the Filmspots, but not really into the rest of the forum? Kind of wondering who is really out there!

I think you’re looking for this post.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2021, 06:45:13 PM »

I think you’re looking for this post.

pixote

Ah, I scrolled down, saw what I wanted. Thanks!

Too bad more didn't submit Flimspots, but it was fun either way.

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #248 on: May 07, 2021, 07:30:21 AM »
I feel like Filmspots and Shocktober are the only moments when I'm not strictly lurking. ;D

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2021, 07:03:41 PM »
Anything weird happen with anyone's bookmark to this site? Usually I either open a new tab in Google and it comes up as my most visited site, where I click that link. On my phone, I only need to press in the address bar and the first site I see in the dropdown is the forum. Both of those went away. Also, the favicon is the Google "G" logo. It's like it was erased from my history.

love