love

Author Topic: Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise Of Skywalker  (Read 3884 times)

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
Re: Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise Of Skywalker
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2019, 10:14:45 PM »
Luke's lightsaber was split in half in the throne room during The Last Jedi. I haven't been paying close enough attention to keep all the colors straight.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2019, 03:09:06 AM »
I must've misunderstood what happened. That's probably a me problem and not a movie problem.

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2019, 06:05:26 AM »
I appreciate the prequel trilogy so much more after seeing the Disney trilogy.
Even if those movies weren't perfect at least they were a singular original vision rather than a fan service compilation created by studio execs.
J.J. Abrams hasn't made anything good since M.I.3
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 06:12:53 AM by Beavermoose »

Teproc

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2019, 11:02:38 AM »
I must've misunderstood what happened. That's probably a me problem and not a movie problem.

I was a bit confused for a second as well, because of that green lightsaber in the flashback.
Legend: All-Time Favorite | Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Poor  |  Bad

Letterbox'd

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2019, 12:01:23 PM »

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2019, 04:29:26 PM »
I appreciate the prequel trilogy so much more after seeing the Disney trilogy.
Even if those movies weren't perfect at least they were a singular original vision rather than a fan service compilation created by studio execs.
J.J. Abrams hasn't made anything good since M.I.3

Completely support this post.

That being said, it still was a little sad for it to end, I loved the jedi voices but somehow I missed obi wan. Maybe yoda and qui gon and anakin are too distinct. The fight scenes with kylo and Rey were great and I always thought there was a romantic but dark connection between them. The Finn part was strange and then it was just all left unsaid. The C3PO part where he was looking at his friends one last time was touching.
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2019, 02:13:13 AM »
All I want is for them to do a series that is either 1,000 years in the past or 1,000 years in the future. I don't ever want to hear about this one shitty family ever again.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2019, 01:21:53 PM »
Give us The Old Republic!

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2019, 04:45:32 AM »
But in the end she flies off with Lando. (It doesn't help that Billy Dee Williams can't make it NOT sound like he's hitting on her.)

That scene seemed uncomfortable in a few ways.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2019, 04:49:30 PM »
The film conveniently introduces beards for Poe and Finn, but we know what's up. #FinnPoe

The moment I liked the film best was when all the random ships turn up to fight at the ends...it felt important to our current time, to remember that the tyranny across the globe is "populist" but I'm not sure it is popular. It certainly is not in the US. So a call to numbers of righteousness, made to feel disempowered and lonely seemed appropriate. But then the way things unfold, they are essentially useless to coming to the end result. That is almost entirely determined by Rey and Ren vs. Palpatine. So that swept the legs out of the climax.

When it comes down to it, I'm not sure there is an entry in this universe that I'd rate higher than B+ (Episode 4 and Rogue One) or lower than a B- (Empire Strikes Back) other than Attack of the Clones which is just an abomination. It is a fine series that deserves about 10% of the words that have been spilled over it.