love

Author Topic: Movies Watched in 2020  (Read 10372 times)

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
Re: Movies Watched in 2020
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2020, 10:57:52 PM »
430 for me, averaging out a little over 8 movies a week. 208 were shorts so I'm closer to Martin's number ultimately. 67 rewatches.

Goals Reached:

- Whittled down the unseen Best Picture winners list to under 10.

- 54/53 films by black filmmakers watched.

- 58/53 films by women filmmakers watched.

- Finished Studio Ghibli's filmography.

- Finished the DCEU filmography.

- Finished Martin Scorsese's, Celine Sciamma's, Khalik Allah's, The Wachowski Sister's, and Mike Leigh's feature filmography.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2020, 11:54:45 PM »
You got me to look up my own numbers... which I will not post here because it will come off as a humble brag and I am not bragging. I also learned about this, which adds fuel to my fire that's pushing me to complete a new screenplay this year.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2021, 12:22:46 AM »
You got me to look up my own numbers... which I will not post here because it will come off as a humble brag and I am not bragging.

I figure it’s gotta be 4 digits

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2021, 12:31:47 AM »
I'm happy to say it's not, though it averages to more than two a day.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2021, 01:22:32 AM »
My only goal going into the year was to be active on the Filmspotting Forum for the entirety of 2020. It was actually my New Year's resolution. I followed through and it's been incredibly rewarding, so thank you to all of you. It's obviously no longer about just trying to engage with a film community where people share a similar passion to mine, you have become my friends, and I feel incredibly grateful for that. 2020 was a very bad year for me psychologically, but this place helped me vent a lot, and forget, a lot. I hope you all had a wonderful evening. I completed my fourth annual feature film back-to-back-to-back (with my dad, of course), and even added on a short documentary, which might have actually been the best of the lot.

This year I watched 335 films according to the Movies Watched in 2020 thread. Only a few of those were short films, at least 325 feature-length films. That is more films than I've ever seen in a year by probably 150. I saw a lot of new films in 2019, but never have I sought out so many prior releases. It's been incredibly rewarding, and again, your companionship and insights on this cinematic and personal odyssey have been so appreciated, you will never know.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2021, 02:35:06 AM »
I'm glad you found the forum, etdoesgood. You are a filmspotter through and through! :)

love