Author Topic: NFL  (Read 13365 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: NFL
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2020, 09:48:29 AM »
I was a Dolphins fan as a kid in the '90s when Dan Marino was the best QB ever but the rest of the team sucked so they almost always lost. One of several reasons why I hate watching sports. (Was also a Cowboys fan at the same time which was like the Lucy and Charlie Brown football scene of emotions every year.)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2020, 10:39:37 AM »
I was a Dolphins fan as a kid in the '90s when Dan Marino was the best QB ever but the rest of the team sucked so they almost always lost. One of several reasons why I hate watching sports. (Was also a Cowboys fan at the same time which was like the Lucy and Charlie Brown football scene of emotions every year.)

I feel ya, I followed them from the early 80 before he came on board. At the time, the thought would be that he would go to many Superbowls

https://youtu.be/3N-wjnFNkIE

I still prefer to follow a team and not just jump on who is doing well but watching many Raven and KC games the last year made the season great to watch.   But if it is NE, I still can’t do it.. 

Will see how they can rebuild now they are so well positioned in the draft
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2020, 12:51:22 PM »
LOL love that commercial!  The Dolphins remind a lot of the Browns and the Bengals, those sorta loveable losers.  Wasn't there a time when they chose to go with Daunte Culpepper over Drew Brees?  I like CD am a huge Steelers fan, but the Dolphins are my favorite every year to make the Pats look bad at least once.  I hope that we can have a season, mostly for the sake of all of us getting back to a little normalcy and this thing at least winding down a bit.  The draft should be interesting, Tua or Burrow??
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2020, 01:48:52 PM »
I think Burrow over Tua. No injury concerns, I would say it's close, but with everything Tua has gone through, I think it's Burrow all the way.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2020, 03:51:09 AM »
I'm just looking at the mocks on CBS, and they are even split on whether Tua goes over Herbert. Chase Young is likely the surest bet in the draft. While I've liked what the Dolphins have been doing, I don't envy their GM for the decision on Herbert or Tua.

I'm hoping the Cards resist the urge to trade down and grab the best offensive linemen available. With Drake and Edmonds in the backfield and a glut of receivers starting with Hopkins, Fitz, and Christian Kirk, the weapons are there for Kyler. Now it's time to at least build a top fifteen OL, although they outperformed their talent in the second half of last year.

Funny thing is, Steve Keim, the Cards' GM, was under huge fire from the press and fans in AZ for numerous overpays and sham deals in the past. Then, this offseason, he looks like an early candidate for Executive of the Year (I think that's what it's called). You just never know.

As a parting thought, I wish sports franchises would change their names when moving to a new location, especially when their nickname is specific to their previous location. The birdwatchers of Phoenix may have spotted more Cardinals than L.A. has lakes, but it's still a very strange name for our football team.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2020, 08:02:12 AM »
You mean Salt Lake City isn't known for its Jazz music!?
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2020, 09:14:42 AM »
Riiiiiight, they should have something film-related tbh.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2020, 05:48:28 PM »
Talent wise I'd take Tua over any other QB, but also wouldn't trust his health.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2020, 08:33:32 PM »
I think the Dolphins have positioned themselves to go for a surer bet, but as a Cards' fan and loving Kyler, I can also attest to the fun of making the big gamble. (FLY knows something about that, too, I've gathered.)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2020, 08:40:56 PM »
Might as well, tbh. The AFC is a wasteland, no one is touching the top two teams for a while unless players have the sense to start laying as many dirty hits as they can on Mahomes and Jackson. Honestly, might as well since they draw flags whenever they get touched regardless, so they ought to get some legit ones in there.