love

Author Topic: NFL  (Read 13533 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: NFL
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2020, 10:23:48 PM »
When you have a QB run like those two in the open field, it is probably fair that they can be hit like any other. I am sure players must think they are about to slide and then they do a fake and keep running
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2020, 12:05:35 AM »
Kyler has shown to be excellent in the arts of self-preservation thus far. Hopefully it continues bc he is pretty small.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2020, 07:14:53 AM »
When you have a QB run like those two in the open field, it is probably fair that they can be hit like any other. I am sure players must think they are about to slide and then they do a fake and keep running

This second part definitely happens, so you end up in a situation where they either take the hit and draw a flag because it looks like they're going down or out of bounds, or players hesitate and they pick up chunk yards.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2020, 07:46:29 PM »
Go Brady!

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2020, 09:57:52 AM »
I wonder how wild the draft will be tonight. I hope there are no technical difficulties, but I bet a lot of mock drafts are way wrong, and I hope we get plenty of trades. Unique year.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2020, 10:05:38 AM »
I'd be ok with some funny glitches, I think they are going to pipe in "boos" - finally ol Roger able to make fun of himself and the NFL 'cathedral'
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2020, 06:34:51 PM »
We're looking, ideally, for Denver to take the WR from Alabama that isn't Ruggs. But them getting any big name WR who isn't Jefferson is okay.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2020, 09:09:51 PM »
We're looking, ideally, for Denver to take the WR from Alabama that isn't Ruggs. But them getting any big name WR who isn't Jefferson is okay.

This is how FLY win.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2020, 06:32:27 AM »
Philly didn’t want Jefferson apparently lol!
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2020, 07:28:24 AM »
Yeah, very surprised. My main GroupMe, which is all my friends locally, all of whom are Eagles fans, were not happy, but eventually accepted it since there's so much speculation and they still got a WR. Imo it was not the right pick, but when Lamb started to fall they should have done what they could to move up. DK wouldn't let me bet on Philly taking Jefferson, which seemed like a safe bet, but it's probably for the best. I figured that Oakland would go WR (both of their selections were vintage Raiders picks), but didn't imagine it'd be Ruggs, so there was definitely some money to be made making that dart throw, but I didn't. Not sure what the odds were on Lamb (largely thought to be first off board to Oakland if no one moved up) going to Dallas, but have to imagine you'd have made a killing if you made that call, which, again, I did not.

Ended up hitting my biggest of the night with Denver. Obviously I am a small time better, but the $3.50 paid out $25, though I got burned on the non-Tua Slide and ended up only up by about $6 on the night when factoring in losses. Did hit on Over 0.5 RBs selected in the first round (just barely), but took the Over on 5.5 Alabama players and Under on 5.5 WRs taken round one. Should have pulled the trigger on Under 4.5 QBs, though didn't for whatever reason. Tbh I only did research for an hour before the draft, haven't been paying attention to coverage, and was juggling a lot of different potential wagers at the time. Oh well. Only action I'll take in the second round is possibly when Swift goes.

love