love

Author Topic: NFL  (Read 13537 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: NFL
« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2021, 08:50:55 PM »
Overall, pleased with the results, though the game could have gone either way.  I thought the Rookie QB at New England looked quite good… Tua was ok but not overly impressive yet.  Good think Miami defence can force fumbles.

I thought Houston looked quite good from the 3 min recap that I watched. 

I subscribed to NFL Gamepass this year (skipped last year) so I can start following more games…
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2021, 08:59:59 PM »
Lol @ Texans. Put a $15 on them to go 0-17 about an hour before kickoff at +2000 odds. They will never score close to 37 points the rest of the season. Week 1 against the trash Jags and Urban's inept leadership was always going to be their best chance to win this year, but I'd rather they just tank properly and get Thibedeoux or however you spell his last name. Was definitely nuts to see a win for them though, didn't think it would happen, especially not in Lawrence's first game.

The Titans seem to be CINECAST!ed. I passed on QB early in my one money league to roll with Tannehill since he runs a little and figured they'd need to throw more with Fields on my bench for when he takes over, but didn't know their new OC was the mastermind behind some of the Raiders's worst recent offensive years.

Colts also seem to be a wreck, and would be wise to get Wentz 'hurt' again before that draft pick they owe Philly does become a first, as they are setting up to pay the Eagles a mid first imo. Jags are awful, now that the USC job is open I would be very surprised if Urban makes it more than a couple more weeks with the Jags before he steps away and goes back to college.

Turned off the game early last night, as it was getting late in EST, so was super shocked to see how that one turned out. Not the result I needed as someone who continues to hope to sell Lamar in dynasty. He looked good as a runner and passer in the first half, not sure what happened, but by the end of the third quarter he couldn't really make anything happen. Thankfully, Zay brought me back to even after a few near wins this week, but a lot of busted parlays. Wish I put more on him to score a TD, a hit that fully brought me back to even, along with the +100 for over 0.5 receiving yards for Zay.

Will be interesting to see how Tua looks with Fuller back. Mac Jones looked a lot better, and seems like NE can get 'back' a lot quicker than I expected, especially if we get some expected Allen regression in Buffalo. Tua looked fine, but definitely a bit concerning. Given all the talk leading up to the season, it seems like their faith in him is fairly limited. I'd be very surprised if Watson is not their QB at some point. Just as I'd be surprised to not see Rodgers in Denver this time next year.

Speaking of Rodgers...what a crock of shit. That man essentially crated multiple leagues for me this week, and I was very lucky to come out with a win where I started off Adams in R1 and Ridley in R2. In hindsight I should have taken Dak or reached for Hurts early over Tannehill. At least I have Carson and Sanders, though I would have preferred Swift, but getting him means I wouldn't have gotten Hockenson at TE, so I guess I'd rather have Sanders and Hock instead of Swift and Andrews, but over Swift and Dak? I'm unsure at this point. Hurts to have lost Jeudy as well for my flex, as he was on pace to truly break out and go off, which I think would have made up for Adams and Ridley. Need to play matchups with Claypool and Corey Davis now, it's looking like. Also should have went with Hopkins over Ridley, I guess, especially since Arizona has a shootout lined up for Week 17. That could be my biggest mistake, especially given how good the Cardinals O looked vs how bad I know Atlanta and Ryan are, despite how Ridley should see 25% of their targets on a team that throws a lot. Ran in to Godwin, Mike Williams, and Hopkins in the other league, but the non-factor of Tonyan didn't help, though, to be fair, neither did Terry nor Allen Robinson. Fields should be starting right now, I do not understand what is happening with the Bears that the veteran players will stand for them trotting Dalton out each week when he is not capable of putting them in a position to win games, much less compete for a super bowl.

Hurts looked quite good for the Bird Gang, and my Hurts for MVP bet at +6000 from a few months back has already accrued value as it's come down to +3300 after this first week. Possible they beat the 49ers this week, but could be tough. The Falcons might be as bad as the Texans and Lions, two teams that both looked better than them this weekend.

My biggest takeaway from Week 1, however, is quite clear. As FLY has said before, it would be a beautiful day when Larry Fitzgerald realized he was washed up by last season/even before that and him occupying the slot was actively hurting that offense. Moore looked good, though slightly concerning that none of his targets were farther than 15 yards. But, obviously, the big story is that, despite the Cards being, once again, enamored with an old, washed up WR in AJ Green, that Kirk was finally able to get in the slot, spending north of 90% of his time there and absolutely crushing it in that position. Hope to see him to continue to eat this year.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2021, 10:05:40 PM »
Will be interesting to see how Tua looks with Fuller back. Mac Jones looked a lot better, and seems like NE can get 'back' a lot quicker than I expected, especially if we get some expected Allen regression in Buffalo. Tua looked fine, but definitely a bit concerning. Given all the talk leading up to the season, it seems like their faith in him is fairly limited. I'd be very surprised if Watson is not their QB at some point. Just as I'd be surprised to not see Rodgers in Denver this time next year.

Agree on Jones, I didn’t think it was usually to start a rookie in the first season but he looked a natural.  I thought Tua looks awkward on most of the running plays, sort of like Marino, never seemed to have a natural handoff.  But will take the win against anytime against NE. 
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2021, 11:40:50 PM »
Hurts looked quite good for the Bird Gang, and my Hurts for MVP bet at +6000 from a few months back has already accrued value as it's come down to +3300 after this first week. Possible they beat the 49ers this week, but could be tough. The Falcons might be as bad as the Texans and Lions, two teams that both looked better than them this weekend.

My biggest takeaway from Week 1, however, is quite clear. As FLY has said before, it would be a beautiful day when Larry Fitzgerald realized he was washed up by last season/even before that and him occupying the slot was actively hurting that offense. Moore looked good, though slightly concerning that none of his targets were farther than 15 yards. But, obviously, the big story is that, despite the Cards being, once again, enamored with an old, washed up WR in AJ Green, that Kirk was finally able to get in the slot, spending north of 90% of his time there and absolutely crushing it in that position. Hope to see him to continue to eat this year.

I have a lot to say here, but limited time, so going with these two points. Yes, please, fake Bird Gang beat the 49ers so real Bird Gang has a slightly less difficult time getting into the playoffs. I think the 49ers are overrated, think their appeal is mostly based on their D. They scored a lot on Detroit, but the Lions might have less talent than any of their teams I've ever seen, including the 0-16 year. Hey, we have 17 now, time for someone to hit that 0-17 and put the 0-16 Lions out of their misery.

LoL on Larry, I'm sorry, you had to wait an extra year for that. I still don't think Kirk is going to put up consistent numbers. Lots of options out there for Kyler, and the only one you can really ink in as a top-shelf fantasy starter (besides Kyler himself) with a solid floor on any given Sunday is Hopkins. Hope I'm wrong, though, I've always really liked the possibilities with Kirk because he can get it done at multiple levels, not just as a deep guy. Difference with Green and Fitz is Green still has some outside possibilities, thus (as you said) getting Kirk in the slot, where I think he will do great work. Moore isn't going deep because I think they see him as a guy to whom you throw quick hits and lineup blocks on the outside to try and spring him. Surely we'll see some vertical actions from his as well, but the AZ pass game isn't about taking tons of downfield shots. I will say this: Nuk is still the best receiver in the business. He's just an all around guy who plays a lot bigger than he actually is and can get that YAC if you get him in space.

I like the James Connor/Chase Edmonds backfield, but not for fantasy. It's just a very modern look, lightning and thunder (or so to speak).

As a native Michigander, the whole fam is crackin' on Urban in Jacksonville, just hoping that the magic 0-17 comes his way. Only thing is, if Lawrence can start coming to his own later in the season, maybe they get that game at home against Atlanta. Of course, they got the Titans again late season, too, so maybe they get revenge. Or maybe they lose all of them.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2021, 02:49:39 AM »
Speaking of Rodgers...what a crock of shit. That man essentially crated multiple leagues for me this week

It's concerning because it would seem to be an ideal type of game for Rodgers. You'd think there'd be all kinds of garbage time points to rack up. But i guess they pulled him at some point. I don't know if I'll hang on to him or not going into week two. I'm sure there'll be good games somewhere down the road, but there's lots of available QB's can put up 20+.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2021, 06:26:36 AM »

I have a lot to say here, but limited time, so going with these two points. Yes, please, fake Bird Gang beat the 49ers so real Bird Gang has a slightly less difficult time getting into the playoffs. I think the 49ers are overrated, think their appeal is mostly based on their D. They scored a lot on Detroit, but the Lions might have less talent than any of their teams I've ever seen, including the 0-16 year. Hey, we have 17 now, time for someone to hit that 0-17 and put the 0-16 Lions out of their misery.

LoL on Larry, I'm sorry, you had to wait an extra year for that. I still don't think Kirk is going to put up consistent numbers. Lots of options out there for Kyler, and the only one you can really ink in as a top-shelf fantasy starter (besides Kyler himself) with a solid floor on any given Sunday is Hopkins. Hope I'm wrong, though, I've always really liked the possibilities with Kirk because he can get it done at multiple levels, not just as a deep guy. Difference with Green and Fitz is Green still has some outside possibilities, thus (as you said) getting Kirk in the slot, where I think he will do great work. Moore isn't going deep because I think they see him as a guy to whom you throw quick hits and lineup blocks on the outside to try and spring him. Surely we'll see some vertical actions from his as well, but the AZ pass game isn't about taking tons of downfield shots. I will say this: Nuk is still the best receiver in the business. He's just an all around guy who plays a lot bigger than he actually is and can get that YAC if you get him in space.

I like the James Connor/Chase Edmonds backfield, but not for fantasy. It's just a very modern look, lightning and thunder (or so to speak).

As a native Michigander, the whole fam is crackin' on Urban in Jacksonville, just hoping that the magic 0-17 comes his way. Only thing is, if Lawrence can start coming to his own later in the season, maybe they get that game at home against Atlanta. Of course, they got the Titans again late season, too, so maybe they get revenge. Or maybe they lose all of them.

I don’t think Urban will make it to the end of the season. That USC job opening up so quickly seems to be a dream scenario for him.

Connor and Edmonds looked good. I like Chase in general. Do hope Kirk continues to thrive. Hopkins is great, not sure I’d have him at 1, but up there and definitely ahead of Diggs or guys like that. Perhaps Tyreke as well due to the consistency and play style.

Speaking of Rodgers...what a crock of shit. That man essentially crated multiple leagues for me this week

It's concerning because it would seem to be an ideal type of game for Rodgers. You'd think there'd be all kinds of garbage time points to rack up. But i guess they pulled him at some point. I don't know if I'll hang on to him or not going into week two. I'm sure there'll be good games somewhere down the road, but there's lots of available QB's can put up 20+.

I seem to remember someone asking if me if Hurts would score more than Rodgers  :P

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2021, 11:28:57 PM »
Realized I put "Titans" instead of "Texans" for the Jags' revenge game by mistake. The Titans did look pretty bad against Arizona, though some of that is at least Arizona's excellent performance.

Urban getting another college coaching gig would be gross. I hope that doesn't come true. It's like with Calipari and basketball, and also like criminal syndicates in a way: You know something illegal is happening, but you don't have the evidence to nail 'em.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2021, 01:54:32 AM »

I seem to remember someone asking if me if Hurts would score more than Rodgers  :P

I'm a Baker Mayfield man now though. Go Browns! :))

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2021, 07:28:35 PM »
Hadn’t had a chance to check other teams but damn the fins sucked

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2021, 10:35:29 PM »
Hadn’t had a chance to check other teams but damn the fins sucked

You got the angry Bills after they lost that game to Pittsburgh.

Cardinals' defense was super shaky in the first half today. Really got lucky coming away with a W. On the other hand, Kyler, despite the two INTs, was amazing, as was the whole offense. We're not going to gouge you with the running attack, but every person, including the two backs, have a way to hurt you. Rondale Moore is about 1000x better than I realized.