love

Author Topic: Re: #MeToo: Sexual Harassment  (Read 5205 times)

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
Re: #MeToo: Sexual Harassment
« on: March 25, 2020, 09:28:43 PM »
Joe Biden:

Reade went on to say that she was wearing a business skirt with no stockings because it was hot at the time. While up against the wall, Reade says Biden’s “hands were on me and underneath my clothes.”

https://newsone.com/3917043/tara-reade-joe-biden-sexual-assault-accuser-breaks-silence/

That's now 8 allegations against the frontrunner for the Democratic party of the United States come November. TimesUp say they won't open investigation. Wonder why?

The public relations firm that works on behalf of the Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund is SKDKnickerbocker, whose managing director, Anita Dunn, is the top adviser to Biden’s presidential campaign. A spokesperson for Biden declined to comment. The SKDK spokesperson assigned to Time’s Up referred questions back to the NWLC.

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/24/joe-biden-metoo-times-up/

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Re: #MeToo: Sexual Harassment
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 10:19:08 PM »
I'll wait for a reputable media outlet to report it. Maybe Biden can step aside and endorse Elizabeth Warren so we get the candidate we should have had all along.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 10:29:14 PM »
That'd be win win in my books. :)

Will

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 12:26:37 AM »
Believe women*

*When it's convenient

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 05:03:32 AM »
Don't believe The Intercept

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 11:30:36 AM »
How many allegations have to come out before it's taken seriously? Do you not think Biden and his team would try to suppress this from coming out in major outlets?

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 08:36:53 PM »
My problem is this, so far all the reporting I've seen are from intellectually dishonest people, framing it in the most intellectually dishonest way (the person who wrote it up for Refinery29 called it a rape allegation twice even though her own article never describes anything that could be defined as rape). That is a red flag. I don't know which 8 allegations you are speaking of, but my understanding is most of that is the creepy Uncle Joe stuff touching people's shoulders and making them uncomfortable stuff (which is a problem), lining up with this woman's previous allegation, and not stuff along the lines of her new allegation. So by bunching them all together you (Will) are potentially portraying a dishonest version of events that rounds them all up to this. I think when talking about these things precision is important. Anyway, he was one of my lowest ranked candidates among the Democrats, I didn't vote for him, but if we are going to move forward with someone else, I'd argue it cannot automatically be Sanders and we'd want to let the delegates decide.

And no, I don't think Biden would have the capability of suppressing this being reported by major outlets who have a proven track record of loving juicy stories that take down Democrats with or without regard to factuality.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 08:44:07 PM »
I don't know how Russian this story is. After last election I'm inclined to believe it's very Russian.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 08:47:07 PM »
Not sure about the veracity but I saw something from Reade where she was praising Putin. The defense from the anti-Biden person was "just because she loves Putin doesn't mean she's lying" which is...not reassuring. But again, I have no knowledge of that veracity because it wasn't from a trustworthy source.

Will

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 09:37:58 PM »
Believe women*

*When it's convenient