love

Author Topic: Re: #MeToo: Sexual Harassment  (Read 5187 times)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
Re: #MeToo: Sexual Harassment
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2020, 11:56:07 AM »
Another relevant article from Salon on the topic.

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
Re: Re: #MeToo: Sexual Harassment
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2020, 12:02:10 AM »
Believe women*

*When it's convenient

This condescending attitude got tiresome enough in the Politics thread. You don't need to bring it here too.

It's hardly condescending. It's not targeting anyone in particular either. Democrats pushed MeToo until it was no longer advancing their cause. Chickens have come home to roost. If that narrative was never part of your ideology, then I apologize. We have two alleged rapists at the ballot box in November. That's an existential crisis for people who are victims (like me).

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2020, 10:32:44 PM »
The additional reporting that has come out recently is pretty damning to Reade's story (beyond the non-sexual touching that is part of Biden's pattern). Too many points of verification that are coming back negative.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2020, 11:41:53 AM »
Actually, the New York Times investigation found what she said they would find— corroboration from two people whom she told back in the day.  Because her internal official complaint ended up in Biden’s office, she didn’t think it would be found, and it wasn’t.   Her story is very credible, especially because she told people back when it happened, and they affirm that story. 

To me, it only seems incredible by people who really don’t want it to be true.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2020, 11:59:20 AM »
She says she filed with the general Senate office that oversees these things, not just the Biden office. No record of that exists. The NBC reporting I saw notes that three of the people she says she told have no recollection of that and multiple of those who do recall something have recollections that could just be the incident reported last fall that Biden acknowledges, not what was revealed last month. So the confirmation seems to be that "a thing" happened, not that "the thing" happened.

And again, you get people like Ryan Grim of The Intercept who led on this by wildly misreporting the role of Times Up and the relationship between them and Biden's campaign official in what was clearly an attempted hatchet piece.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 12:07:17 PM by Bondo »

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2020, 06:38:47 PM »
She said that is where she filed it, she also said it ended up in Biden’s office.   

Done with this conversation for now.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 06:48:08 PM by oldkid »
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2020, 08:01:39 PM »
the Daily Podcast (NY Times) released an episode on this yesterday. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/podcasts/the-daily/joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegation.html

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Will

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2020, 02:04:15 AM »
I honestly don't know why this was made into a separate thread because Joe Biden and the liberals who attack Tara Reade effectively ended the MeToo movement. The mods should fold this thread back into the original thread and lock it. There's nothing left to discuss if the people who started and shepherded the movement will turn their back on an accuser the second it becomes politically inconvenient. There is no one potentially more powerful than the president so why should anyone come forward anymore?

Will

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2020, 02:06:25 AM »

And again, you get people like Ryan Grim of The Intercept who led on this by wildly misreporting the role of Times Up and the relationship between them and Biden's campaign official in what was clearly an attempted hatchet piece.

You're trying to drag Ryan Grim - the guy who broke the Christine Blasey Ford story, Bondo. Did you believe her? Why don't you believe Tara?

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2020, 06:02:39 AM »
I keep hearing people say that Ryan Grim broke the Ford story but I went back and looked at his thing and that isn't at all true. His reporting there was just as irresponsible and politically motivated...not to take out Kavanaugh but to try to hit Feinstein and to FORCE Ford out with her story against her will.

Anyway, Reade's case continues to be a mess. Her brother originally said he only learned of things recently until he was actively coached by Nathan Robinson (who confessed as much on twitter) and perhaps Grim and Halper. They seem to have had an active cooperation regarding the content and timing of everything. She has gone back and edited past Medium posts to align with her current story. In the legal world if you tamper with evidence the court tends to say the jury should basically assume that evidence would be negative. She also apparently didn't put Biden's name on the police report (so she couldn't be charged for false reporting). She has absolutely no credibility.

From a consequentialist perspective, if one views the Republican policy agenda as evil, then the timing of this revelation, if it were true, is itself immoral, because it only accomplishes the agenda of bolstering the Republican position (which is something leftist accelerationists see as valuable). That the timing seems to have been calculated to do this is highly suspicious.

love