Author Topic: Re: #MeToo: Sexual Harassment  (Read 5185 times)

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
Re: #MeToo: Sexual Harassment
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2020, 11:40:49 PM »
Bondo, where do you get your sources? You post and post and post but you never seem to cite things. Let's go.

I keep hearing people say that Ryan Grim broke the Ford story but I went back and looked at his thing and that isn't at all true. His reporting there was just as irresponsible and politically motivated...not to take out Kavanaugh but to try to hit Feinstein and to FORCE Ford out with her story against her will.

Where's the source that Grim wasn't the first to report? Here's mine: https://theintercept.com/2018/09/12/brett-kavanaugh-confirmation-dianne-feinstein/

Find me the article that justifies your claim.

My claim is literally in the article that you link. Breaking the Ford story would mean interviewing Ford. Not reporting that "someone" sent a letter to the Senate Committee. Feinstein sucks but trashing Feinstein for not thinking it proper to make the letter public against the wishes of the woman in question and just being a general bull in the china shop until Ford had to speak publicly is a bad look. The Intercept is garbage and Current Affairs is garbage. Nathan Robinson of Current Affairs was actively coaching corroborating witnesses who all magically remembered they had been told the new story after all the serious journalists looked into it last fall and no one said a word (Reade mysteriously said all the mainstream outlets ignored her when they didn't). You use evidence of the mom calling CNN even though that doesn't specifically corroborate the new story, just the original one that is not particularly being denied. And then she avoids interviews from serious TV journalists in favor of Megyn Kelly? There are so many other things I could bring up that I don't feel the need to (the orgy of evidence of Russia ties, which I should point out make me think Russia isn't involved, the bank fraud charge, her various issues with horse non-profits, her claiming to be a testifying expert on abuse). The point is, if I were to "believe women" I wouldn't even know what to believe because even within the past month her story has veered wildly all over the place on so many details on things like whether she actually filed a complaint, whether she left or was forced out, etc.

I can't argue with a conspiracy theorist. Again, I posted links, you say they're faulty while providing no links to a large amount of wild claims you make that I have never heard of. You place the burden of proof on me and then you deny any validity to the evidence I give. What's the point in you to continue to post? What's the point for me to continue posting? It's a bit unfair and disrespectful.

So I'm done talking with you here and probably on the rest of the forum. Good day!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 11:43:12 PM by Will »

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2020, 12:26:17 AM »

So what do we do? What can we do?
Assume Tara Reade is telling the truth. Assume there's more we don't even know.
We can hope for a better option, but if there isn't one...
Who do you vote for?

Which stance is the morally correct one?
[/quote]

there is still another option.  Protest the DNC convention to demand that Biden step down.  If they don't want Bernie, fine, give us Harris, or another pro-woman candidate. 
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2020, 12:47:21 AM »
Like I said, we can hope for a better option, but if it doesn't happen - chances seem very slim - and the ballot is Biden or Trump, who do you vote for?

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2020, 07:49:32 PM »
I'm either voting third party or not voting. I have been thoroughly disenfranchised by the Democratic party. They do not represent me. They do not represent any of my friends who, despite being a wide range of ethnicities and sexual orientations, were all struggling to make ends meet before quarantine and now will continue to suffer the terrible polices of what will likely be the greatest economic depression we will ever face. They represent what I assume is many more middle class whites who don't want progress but want things to return the status quo of the Obama years where he failed to end the Iraq War, failed to abolish ICE, failed to make any significant progress in healthcare or the student loan crisis, and failed to properly vet his Vice President candidate.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2020, 08:09:09 PM »
the Obama years where he...failed to make any significant progress in healthcare....

I don't feel like anyone who knew what it was like pre-ACA could say this with a straight face. One thing I don't get about the leftist political movement is it seems to treat progress like it is easy, that the only way to not do it fast enough is corruption. Makes it easier to minimize the progress that is won. If progress was so easy, why hasn't the left done it. You say "They represent what I assume is many more middle class whites" as if it wasn't people of color and the working class that helped power Biden to the nomination right alongside the wine moms.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 10:24:07 PM by Bondo »

Teproc

• Elite Member
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2020, 12:42:28 AM »
This discussion would be more appropriate in the Politics thread at this point.
Legend: All-Time Favorite | Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Poor  |  Bad

Letterbox'd

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2020, 10:05:43 AM »
Yup, and since we've already covered the topic, I think we can just let it be. Nobody is changing any minds here.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2020, 04:27:51 PM »
This topic has been locked by Admin.
Texan Down Under