Author Topic: Low-key GREAT Purchases  (Read 359 times)

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
Re: Low-key GREAT Purchases
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2020, 11:49:54 PM »
Thanks! Do they slip on and off easily?

Yeah, pretty easily, but they don't slide too much when you're wearing them. These are the best everyday slip-ons I've owned, and I rarely buy shoes with shoelaces (only athletic shoes, really). At first, I was a little questionable on how long they'd last, the soles didn't seem that tough, but I've gotten 2+ years out of them. I walk on the insides of my feet, thus I usually wear-out the soles on my shoes faster

Iím the exact same. Iíve had decent luck with Sketchers but even those rarely last a year. Unfortunately it doesnít look like the Adidas comes in a wide, but maybe a size up would work.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2020, 12:23:58 AM »
If you have an Adi outlet near you and have a burner email address that you keep like weekly or so track of it may be worth signing up for an account with them to get notifications when they are running sales. They're doing 40% off most outlet stuff (excluding Ultraboost and other hype product returns they get this time, like some guy was returning 380 Peppers today that wouldn't qualify) this weekend, if not bigger discounts. I've seen 50% at times. I also have wider feet, but if you get a shoe that's primeknit based or something similar it begins to stretch and mold to your feet after three or four days of wearing. Even my 350s at 11.5, which are pretty thin, are now super well fitting, and the UltraBoost I have in 11 for the gym have expanded to fit the shape of my foot. You might have to go up half a size on them, but there's some flexibility, and the ones that et posted are using a fairly similar design style. There's a bit more to the primeknit that you'll find on Adi's boost line (ultra and otherwise, even the cloudbounces), but they all use the same theoretical give and shape-ability to adjust to your fit after a few wears as long as you're getting the correct size. Like the laces on my Ultraboosts for the gym and on my 350s are more just kind of there to provide a little extra tightness if needed (I do for the gym in my UBs, I don't/wear loose laces with my Yeezys).

etdoesgood

• Elite Member
  • Edelweiss, edelweiss, every morning you greet me
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2020, 12:03:05 AM »
This is a great, low-key purchase that's more like a miracle purchase. In the LFC 2017-18 season, I was like BROKE. Just moved back to Phoenix, accruing debt like crazy, not good. And that's the season Liverpool put out these AMAZING (at least - I think so) orange kits, and I wanted one so bad, but I seriously was maxed out in every which way, and I'm generally very good with money, just can't help when you move, rent is higher, car breaks down, and you're catching up once you finally get paid from your new job. I'm sure you all know that story. Anyway, I went looking for it recently, and found one in my size (XL, I'm an XL/L depending on style, soccer jersey defo XL) with a player I absolutely love and don't have a jersey for yet at $37. Got it, and it's like it'd never been worn.

FYI - The more garish the colors and style of the jersey, the better, imo. I love Liverpool's red of course, but I super love all the weird shit they've put out over the years. The camo blue this year is absurd and I want one.

Glooooooria! G-L-O-R-I-A!
A desert person.

Simple Distinctions:
The Best  |  Exceptional  |  Favorable  |  Unfavorable  | Bad

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2020, 06:06:29 PM »
Have you all tried the Grilled Cheese Burrito at Taco Bell? Low-key GREAT purchase. ;)

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2020, 06:26:13 PM »
I have in fact tried one. It was.

ET...nice. I need to buy the home kit from this season but I've been spending like a leaky sieve of late so I should probably hold off 1-2 months. I consider the camo a mark against the away kit, but in any event I really need another home kit because my current home kit is from like 12 years ago and isn't very comfortable to wear.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 06:29:12 PM by Bondo »

etdoesgood

• Elite Member
  • Edelweiss, edelweiss, every morning you greet me
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2020, 02:06:54 AM »
The home kit from this year is amazing, both in trim and fit. Like I said, I'd been trending XL in soccer jerseys (and most t-shirts, to be real) over the last year or so; my 2019 New Balance home jersey is a bit baggy on me; this 2020 Nike fits perfectly/fits the form without overly accentuating it.  ;)  I'm not a huge fan of camo myself, but I'll take it in a pastel. I'm thinking of going Mane on the blue camo and TAA on the black third jersey. So long as we're still getting our 301/performance pay.
A desert person.

Simple Distinctions:
The Best  |  Exceptional  |  Favorable  |  Unfavorable  | Bad

love