Author Topic: Top 5 Wedding Scenes  (Read 2107 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Top 5 Wedding Scenes
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2021, 12:32:48 PM »
Great scene!

IsabelaOliver

• My Letterboxd
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2021, 05:21:55 PM »
Melancholia
The Broken Circle Breakdown
The Godfather
Blue Valentine
The Graduate

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2021, 12:58:34 AM »
My family’s favorite wedding scene, not yet mentioned, is the ship battle/wedding in Pirates of the Caribbean III.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Antares

• Godfather
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2021, 01:30:56 PM »
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the wedding scene in Stella Dallas, both the silent version from 1925 with Belle Bennett and the more famous version from 1937 starring Barbara Stanwyck. That final wedding scene and its aftermath is one of the most iconic moments in film history, and ranks with other scenes such as Ikiru and the swing set, Citizen Kane and the Rosebud sled.
Masterpiece (100-91) | Classic (90-80) | Entertaining (79-69) | Mediocre (68-58) | Cinemuck (57-21) | Crap (20-0)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2021, 02:26:23 PM »
Wish roujin was here to extoll the virtues of the wedding sequence in The Deer Hunter.  :-\

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2021, 12:09:05 PM »
3. BRAVEHEART (1995)

There's three weddings in Braveheart as I recall.
-one we arrive during the reception, with a bunch of dancing and such, before the local English load comes and claims the right of "Prima Nocta".
-the secret wedding of William and Maren, where she wears the worlds ugliest wedding dress
-the marriage of the English prince and the French Princess which features the prince giving too much eye contact to his High Councilor and making the King angry.

arritxuwheel

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2022, 09:22:53 AM »
So far, the wedding scenes I liked the most are from:
Melancholia
The Godfather
Kill Bill Vol. 2
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Four Weddings and a Funeral
They all are a bit different, but I still like them and think all the weddings are beautiful in their way. I even plan to include certain elements from those ceremonies in my own wedding when I find the right person. I still think about whether I would wear a suit from Gentleman's Guru to look more official or choose a more casual look. I don't like when a ceremony is too official because it kills the mood, but, at the same time, it's an important day, and there should be a bit of traditionalism.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2022, 06:04:33 PM »
arritxuwheel, a varied set of films. I often think the wedding scene from The Princess Bride is in Four Weddings and a Funeral.

love