love

Poll

Who would you be more ashamed to own two albums from?

Creed
8 (66.7%)
Smash Mouth
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Millennial Cringe Deathmatch  (Read 1664 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: Millennial Cringe Deathmatch
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 11:01:34 PM »
I picked Smash Mouth cause I didn’t like the name and was confusing them with Nickelback, who are the real winners as FLY has pointed out
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2021, 12:53:01 AM »
lol, the answer is Creed. This is non-debatable, since the poll emphasizes the cringe factor. Smashmouth could maybe win a “most mediocre” or “least talented” poll, but since we're talking cringe, we’re talking Creed.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2021, 09:37:55 AM »
Not sure how the band at the end of the terrible film RAT RACE (2001) is not in the running of most cringeworthy ever
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2021, 12:17:08 AM »
CREED has one good song (Higher) so I can justify having one album if only for that track. SMASH MOUTH has a dozen fun songs so I would have zero shame having more than one album.

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2021, 12:17:39 AM »
Not sure how the band at the end of the terrible film RAT RACE (2001) is not in the running of most cringeworthy ever

Hahahahaha (but no seriously, agreed)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2021, 12:48:21 AM »
Maybe it is the Jon Levitz harp solo... just looked that up on YT and it loves like it could be the most cringeworthy movie as well
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2021, 09:46:39 PM »
I’ll take Nickleback over Creed or Smashmouth - at least those guys are decent. They take their standing with a bit of humor - I mean - they make a living off their bad music.
Hey, nice marmot!