Author Topic: Sin City is amazing  (Read 2481 times)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
Sin City is amazing
« on: November 13, 2005, 10:53:27 PM »
I just watched it for the first time since seeing it in the theater and man it is one amazing movie. Too bad the DVD extras suck. Hopefully there will be an expanded DVD at some point.

briggsjazzgroup

Sin City is amazing
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 11:42:08 PM »

Rufish

I concur
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 01:08:20 PM »
I had the same experience the other night (finally rented it after seeing it long ago in the theater), and was completely captivated by every aspect - recently I've been reading my first Frank Miller comics (The Dark Knight Returns) and had a knowingly sly grin on my face from the first lines of dialogue until the end. All at once stark and beautiful, gritty and unforgiving. And upon second viewing, I've made peace with Clive Owen's storyline, and I'm beginning to think he's one of the more exceptional actors emerging in this generation.
I'm a Dapper Dan man.

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
Sin City is amazing
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 05:16:36 PM »
Clive Owen is an amazing actor of talent, a terrible one of projects.  His films are hit ad miss over all.  Sin City, great, Croupier, great, Closer, excellent.  But then there is Derailed, which sucks so big, and I'll Sleep When I'm Dead, which put me to sleep, and his show Second Sight, awful.  If he or his agent would make better choices, rather more consistant choices, he would be even better to watch.

Oh yeah, I also seem to be the only one who enjoyed King Arthur, which while flawed, was a solid action movie.
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

Wowser

• Elite Member
Sin City is amazing
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 06:50:42 AM »
I think he picks projects he knows Sam will hate - Sin City, Closer. He does it to personally rile Sam.

love