love

Author Topic: The Last Thing You Bought  (Read 13140 times)

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
Re: The Last Thing You Bought
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2021, 01:23:31 AM »
Yeezy 450 Dark Slate, making my triumphant return to Philly to pick it up tomorrow.

I looked it up and…. man, that is the ugliest shoe I’ve ever seen.

LMAO I come through before bed, and this is the lone post on the board.

So then I looked it up.

Pure modern art. C'mon MT, you can't see it?! This thing belongs at the MoMA.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2021, 06:15:50 AM »
Kanye truly ahead of his time. Going to be hard to replace the Foam RNNR, objectively the greatest shoe ever made, but 450 definitely rather sick. Got Dark Slate in 12, so I can figure out if that or my Cloud White 11.5 fits better and unload the other. 3D printed and Made In Germany. Yeezy Brand stays Futures Only.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2021, 10:02:31 AM »
Kanye truly ahead of his time. Going to be hard to replace the Foam RNNR, objectively the greatest shoe ever made

I looked this one up too and it might be even worse.

"Check this out... I'm gonna get all these dumb white people to buy the most hideous shoes ever invented"

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2021, 02:43:34 PM »
Foam RNNR truly is ahead of its time. Easily the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn, and Sands Made In USA. Definitely an eye catcher, have gotten plenty of compliments on the RNNR out in the wild, and because of the comfort at this point it's pretty much the only shoe I want to wear. Need to take it for a spin at the gym on a non-leg day. Really gets to highlight the sox as well, bought a tye-dye kit and did a couple of pairs on my own a couple of weeks ago, but need to figure out how to make the colors more vibrant on my next few attempts. Still have four pairs left of the crews to experiment with.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2021, 11:52:52 PM »
I actually don't mind radical or eccentric design. I don't find these shoes particularly attractive, and would never pay $500 for shoes, but I can dig going way out there on the design. I mean, check out the last thing I bought:

SUNS SHORTS!

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2021, 02:24:02 AM »
You should have told me to put on sunglasses before clicking the link  ;D

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2021, 10:39:52 AM »
Kanye truly ahead of his time. Going to be hard to replace the Foam RNNR, objectively the greatest shoe ever made

I looked this one up too and it might be even worse.

"Check this out... I'm gonna get all these dumb white people to buy the most hideous shoes ever invented"
Kanye knows how to get white people to spend money.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2022, 04:49:50 PM »
A new 55” 4K TV by re-contracting through my broadband provider.  It required a small top up fee but the TV works out about half the price from the store spread over the 2 year contract (I could have opted for a $10 lower monthly fee if no TV).

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2022, 08:25:18 PM »
A new 55” 4K TV by re-contracting through my broadband provider.  It required a small top up fee but the TV works out about half the price from the store spread over the 2 year contract (I could have opted for a $10 lower monthly fee if no TV).

Nice. So no more projector? Or is this going in a bedroom or side room?

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2022, 08:41:21 PM »

Nice. So no more projector? Or is this going in a bedroom or side room?

Keeping the projector but replacing an old TV in the open room upstairs that my wife usually uses.  It is 40” 1080P Samsung TC that is about 10 year old but doesn’t run any smart app.  I don’t have any current box (Roku, AppleTV or Android) connect so she always connects a laptop to use Netflix or YT.

Likely will donate the older TV
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

love