Author Topic: Sundance Dispatch #3: Son of Rambow / Hounddog  (Read 6665 times)

alexarch

• Godfather
Re: Sundance Dispatch #3: Son of Rambow / Hounddog
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 08:54:17 PM »
Dear Filmspotting,

You owe me $2.15 and 10 minutes of my life for what you call funny.  The only good part of Aftermath on Meadowlark Lane was the behind-the-scenes bit during the credits.  It might have been funny had you not given away the premise and the best line, but like two 7-year-olds that have to explain in detail how you caught a frog with a cigar box and a dead fly, you had to blab.  I accept all major credit cards and personal checks.  Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Alex

P.s. If you have the chance, see the short "Happiness"
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 09:17:12 PM by alexarch »

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 09:00:39 PM »
Found a link to the shortfilm, Aftermath on Meadowlark Lane, that Adam and Sam saw and loved
http://festival.sundance.org/2007/watch/film.aspx?which=784&category=SF

funny stuff

Alex, I believe this is what you were looking for. It's something called free...
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 09:18:01 PM »
Alex, I believe this is what you were looking for. It's something called free...
Cheapskate.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 09:24:21 PM »
You are damned right I am a cheapskate. But then again, I do have a birthday coming up, and if you all want to chip in and get me a netflix subscription, that would be awesome. ;D
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 10:31:36 PM »
Dear Filmspotting,

You owe me $2.15 and 10 minutes of my life for what you call funny.  The only good part of Aftermath on Meadowlark Lane was the behind-the-scenes bit during the credits.  It might have been funny had you not given away the premise and the best line, but like two 7-year-olds that have to explain in detail how you caught a frog with a cigar box and a dead fly, you had to blab.  I accept all major credit cards and personal checks.  Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Alex

P.s. If you have the chance, see the short "Happiness"
There is more than one good line. We apologize for nothing.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

kevdo

• http://www.the-frat-pack.com
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 12:04:07 AM »
Thanks, saved me $2 on iTunes.

The movie was sort of funny...
Kevin Crossman - official Filmspotting nemesis
Sam Van Hallgren Nickname: "Captain Bullseye"
The Frat Pack Tribute at www.The-Frat-Pack.com

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 02:06:46 PM »
No-no-no; it was bad.  I chuckled, but that bad kind of chuckle where you realize it's ingenuous while doing it, but you do it because you paid money for the thing or because you're with your friends and you don't want to seem like the guy that doesn't get it when really you do get it but the thing just isn't funny, that kind of chuckle that doesn't really raise the corners of your mouth, the kind that doesn't come from your belly but from your lungs, the kind that makes you feel like a dirty liar having done it.

And speaking of coincidence-spotting, in the same episode you gave your hair-brained Roger Ebert litmus test where you ask yourself, "Would this make a better documentary?"  If you were to apply that to this short, you already have your answer because of the footage during the credits.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 02:09:23 PM by alexarch »

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 03:37:15 PM »
No-no-no; it was bad.  I chuckled, but that bad kind of chuckle where you realize it's ingenuous while doing it, but you do it because you paid money for the thing or because you're with your friends and you don't want to seem like the guy that doesn't get it when really you do get it but the thing just isn't funny, that kind of chuckle that doesn't really raise the corners of your mouth, the kind that doesn't come from your belly but from your lungs, the kind that makes you feel like a dirty liar having done it.
Yes, it's bad. But it's funny too. Or becomes so. We were among the only 4 people in the room laughing... so we were willing to be the only guys in the room who got it. We're bold.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 03:47:32 AM »
ok... it made me laugh, not tears coming from my eyes, but i still laughed. If you want to talk about wasting time and money i would recommend (or not) to whom it may concern. It may have gotten better, but when you can't sit through a short film that's not good. :)
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

love