Author Topic: #147: Inland Empire / Tom Tykwer Interview / Spirited Away / Top 5 Dservd Oscars  (Read 13494 times)

alexarch

• Godfather
Post away.

Moviebuff28

• Elite Member
When are you guys gonna review Hard Candy?  You said that you would review a movie that you overlooked in 2006 on the show.  You had the poll question and Hard Candy won.  You guys owe it to your listeners to review this film.  Also Ellen Page is the only actress to beat out Helen Mirren for a Best Actress award this year.  She won Best Actress at the Austin Film Critics Association Awards.

lise

• Elite Member
cool on you for the shuffle alex.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
Mmmm. iPod...
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Nijhazer

Well, everyone loves Silence of the Lambs and I certainly love the film as well. But for me, its Best Picture victory was simultaneously the final act of disdain by the Academy against animated feature films. After Beauty and the Beast -- which I still view as the finest film Disney has ever produced -- failed to win Best Picture, animated films were shunted into their own miniscule category, preventing them from ever being taken seriously.

alexarch

• Godfather
The new colored ones came out last week, and while I salivated over them, I had no need. So someone else should benefit from my covetousness.  And I had some store credit.

Raging Bull - blech.  Congrats to the Academy for getting it right with Ordinary People.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
Which color is it? That is important.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

alexarch

• Godfather
Which color is it? That is important.
It's Filmspotting Blue.

lise

• Elite Member
I've been tempted to get one of the colored ones for a while, but then I realize that I have an old one that works perfectly fine and I don't need a new one (oooh the green is cute)! I think I'll just wait to see what type of review apple tv gets.

oh and to keep this appropriate for this thread

I always liked that in '92 they gave marisa tomet the oscar. I like it when the oscar goes to a comedic role instead of the inevitable ugly prostitute or grand dame.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 03:51:25 PM by lise »
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
The new colored ones came out last week, and while I salivated over them, I had no need. So someone else should benefit from my covetousness.  And I had some store credit.

Raging Bull - blech.  Congrats to the Academy for getting it right with Ordinary People.
You're worse than Sam! He doesn't like 'mean' people so rips on movies like Little Miss Sunshine and Sideways; you hate macho violence so can't see the poetry and tragedy of a film like Raging Bull. You're both hopeless.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)