love

Author Topic: Four Weddings?  (Read 5882 times)

BarcaDave

Four Weddings?
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 02:00:51 PM »
Just to run it into the ground, Four Weddings & a Funeral was a Best Movie Academy Award Nominee, and pretty well received Stateside. In fact, my wife and I had a brief period where we watched it at least once a month for two years.

I've always cringed at Andi McDowell's performance, though. Always will.
And, just as someone noted hating Julia Roberts in Notting Hill, I want to add that I thought Laura Linney was atrocious in Love Actually. I liked Love Actually, but her part... maybe it was the fact that she had the least happily resolved of all the romances. I don't know.

Or, maybe, Mike Nichols can't direct American women. (American women were the weak links, performance wise, in 4 Weddings, Love Actually, and Closer.)

frankkramer

Four Weddings?
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 09:52:51 AM »
Let me go out on a limb and predict that Andie McDowell won't win any Oscars but, my god, are you kidding - "unattractive"?

Yes, Linney, was awful in Love Actually as was the entire cringe-inducing storyline she was involved in. Mike Nichols had nothing to do with any of the films but Closer so he's off the hook.

Sergiopl

Four Weddings?
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2005, 10:56:22 PM »
Speaking of brit pics, seek out "Beautiful People", I remember it beign mentioned  in the show and it is really good, specially the hooligan story.

Four Weddings was a smash hit in Mexico, so that you know.

love