Author Topic: So what's your day job?  (Read 53855 times)

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
Re: So what's your day job?
« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2009, 09:41:17 AM »
Full-time student at the University of Cincinnati in Secondary (High School) Education - Social Studies (History, Government, Economics and the like). Not that I have not doubted that this is something I want to do. And I also work at Jimmy Johns Sandwich Shop part-time.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2009, 10:27:33 AM »
Full-time student at the University of Cincinnati in Secondary (High School) Education - Social Studies (History, Government, Economics and the like). Not that I have not doubted that this is something I want to do. And I also work at Jimmy Johns Sandwich Shop part-time.

Good luck.

My Masters in Secondary Education/Mathematics is hanging on the office wall here, as I merrily computer program for (gulp) big oil and gas companies for a living. 

By night I'm president of a non-profit green group.

(How's that for living a life of contradictions?)

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 10:30:35 AM by ferris »
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Thor

• Godfather
    • KTQ
« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2009, 10:31:14 AM »

Good luck.

My Masters in Secondary Education/Mathematics is hanging on the office wall here, as I merrily computer program for (gulp) big oil and gas companies for a living. 

I'm sure you're just slowly bringing big oil down from the inside, Ferris. And for that, I salute you!
Wanting for Thor what Thor wants for Thor.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2009, 10:33:21 AM »

I'm sure you're just slowly bringing big oil down from the inside, Ferris. And for that, I salute you!

yes.  They aren't aware where the trimmings go when dollar amounts get rounded :)
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2009, 10:33:36 AM »

Good luck.

Or bringing down non-profit green groups from the inside. For that, I salute you!

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2009, 10:55:22 AM »

I hate your football team ;D

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2009, 10:56:25 AM »

Good luck.

Yea, I've heard plenty of stories about people with Education degrees doing something completely unrelated

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #147 on: May 13, 2009, 01:15:04 PM »
Good luck...My Masters in Secondary Education/Mathematics is hanging on the office wall here, as I merrily computer program....

Yea, I've heard plenty of stories about people with Education degrees doing something completely unrelated

It's usually related to one day wanting to own a house...and not the joy of teaching.  If I won the lotto I'd go back the next day.
(switchboard)

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #148 on: May 13, 2009, 02:33:12 PM »
Good luck...My Masters in Secondary Education/Mathematics is hanging on the office wall here, as I merrily computer program....

It's usually related to one day wanting to own a house...and not the joy of teaching.  If I won the lotto I'd go back the next day.

That is hilarious...

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #149 on: May 13, 2009, 06:20:49 PM »

That is hilarious...

Yes....

And tragic!
(switchboard)

love