Author Topic: So what's your day job?  (Read 30213 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
Re: So what's your day job?
« Reply #260 on: December 06, 2018, 09:12:34 AM »
Got a new job near the end of October working as an advisor for career/technical degrees at a two year college. It's a nice change of pace from the old job which was becoming insufferable in that last year with lots of arguments with my boss about the ethics of certain situations and managing tons of people without getting recognized or paid as a supervisor.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #261 on: December 10, 2018, 09:07:14 AM »
Thatís great news, Sam!

Sandy, the property I was working on got sold and the new church tore all the gardens up, including all the fruit and memorial trees we planted.

Iím sad about their decision to do so. It was a wonderful use of the space and provided a sense of accomplishment for those who worked in the gardens, let alone good nutrition!

Keep us posted on your new projects, please.
"I'm a new day rising."

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #262 on: January 31, 2019, 04:29:24 PM »
Well, I resigned from the job above and have my exit interview tomorrow for a plethora of reasons I'd rather not get into.

As for the future, I'm studying for the COMPTIA A+ Certification and am looking into other certs to pick up in the future as I've always liked working with computers and I think it's time for a career change where I can actually make a decent living.

Feel pretty good about this change. The job felt like a final sign that education is not the place for me right now. Maybe down the line I could land a gig teaching, but right now I'm ready for something new.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #263 on: February 06, 2019, 12:09:53 AM »
Sounds like a positive move then, Sam.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky