Author Topic: The Host  (Read 2317 times)

george

The Host
« on: March 17, 2007, 11:14:42 PM »
Loved this film. Loved it!

Question; Did anyone else feel like the little girl was killed by agent yellow and not the monster?

I feel yes and that it was part of the message of the movie.

JoshuaOst

Re: The Host
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 11:24:12 PM »
What I thought about this movie is that the real enemy was the government and not the monster.  The monster was just a symbol of a common enemy that wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for the dumping of all that waste into the Han River.  The monster was pretty kick-ass, though.  I was surprised at how amazing the film looked.  Really, I have no complaints about this film.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Brian Z

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 08:43:56 PM »
I dug it a lot. Can't wait to see it again. I would say if I had a problem it is that characters seem to come and go, moreso towards the end. The core case would be the brother and sister, who are knocked out for a significant chunk of time but come to right when the ending is needed. But yeah, dug it big time.

J5er

• Elite Member
  • "I like to feel his eyes on me when I look away"
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 10:22:18 PM »
I liked it alot, love those foreign monster films!

I was confused by the ending.  The last scene:  those weren't the same people, right?  Was their turning off the news a comment of how people today view the news?  If its not happening to them, they generally couldn't care less? 
It's like I've waited my whole life, for this one night.  It's gon' be me you and the dance floor.  We've only got one night.  Double your pleasure, double your fun.  And dance forever.

My Box Office Podcast: www.theboxofficers.blogspot.com

Washburne

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 10:32:49 PM »
I have to say that is was just entertaining. I see what many of you are saying about the elements of social commentary and I feel it was interesting but some parts were just completely ridiculous.

The characters at times were way over the top. When they were in the shelter grieving for the girl who they thought was dead it just lost it for me. Their grieving got to the point where it was just completely off the wall. Was that part supposed to be comedic or did you all buy it? 

J5er

• Elite Member
  • "I like to feel his eyes on me when I look away"
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 12:14:23 AM »
Their grieving got to the point where it was just completely off the wall. Was that part supposed to be comedic or did you all buy it? 

I know I laughed, even though I liked the movie.  I think that Jackie Chan and Will Ferrell should do a movie about this.  They could go to funerals and weep uncontrollably while twitching on the floor.  That'd be gold.
It's like I've waited my whole life, for this one night.  It's gon' be me you and the dance floor.  We've only got one night.  Double your pleasure, double your fun.  And dance forever.

My Box Office Podcast: www.theboxofficers.blogspot.com