Author Topic: Filmspotting Fitness  (Read 77166 times)

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
Re: Filmspotting Fitness Challenge
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 09:50:03 PM »
This contest is biased against skinny people.

We're not about skinny here; we're about healthy lifestyles no matter what your weight! We're going to set weekly fitness goals. Your goal may not be to lose weight, but it may be your goal to stop eating high-fat foods for lunch or something like that. We welcome all here.  :)

I think my problem is the bad eating habits.  I would like to eat healthier.

winrit

• Elite Member
  • “Positively the same dame.”
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 01:39:02 AM »
Today is the start of our six-week fitness challenge! All those who wish to participate please PM me your current weight and waist measurement. We'll weigh-in and measure again next Monday. I encourage everyone to participate.

You should also set a personal fitness goal each week and post it here. These goals should be simple and easy to measure. For example, your goal may be to exercise at least three times this week or to not eat any pastries this week. Whatever will best motivate you. Meeting these smaller goals can be very encouraging. My goal this week is to eat dinner before 8:00 p.m. and avoid late night snacking.

Here are some web sites that helped me get started:

http://www.cyberdiet.com/reg/index.html - You can get a free diet profile based on your Age, Weight, Height, and Body Mass Index. The profile has a Suggested Daily Calorie intake including the amount of fat, carbohydrates, protein, etc. that you should have daily. There is a fee to use the site, but the diet profile is free.

http://www.daysworth.com/calculator/categories.asp - is an online nutrition calculator you can use to look up the nutritional value of foods. You can also use it as a food diary and it's free.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/ - provides complete nutritional information for any food or recipe and helps you select foods that best meet your needs

http://www.self.com/challenge/welcome - Track your exercise sessions in your interactive workout log, record meals in your food diary and automatically see your calorie totals. You can download the workout videos, MP3s and workout log with the Challenge on the Go feature. It's free (they will ask if you want a subscription to their magazine, but you can mark "No" when you register.)

I'm really excited for everyone!
"Kickboxing. Sport of the future."

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 07:29:43 AM »
Goal:  Walk twice a day for 30 minutes each time, 6 days a week.  (I already walk once a day for 30 minutes, 6 days a week.)
Texan Down Under

Wowser

• Elite Member
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2007, 07:40:36 AM »
I don't have the time!  :-[

winrit

• Elite Member
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2007, 09:52:07 AM »
I don't have the time!  :-[

We're here if you change your mind.  :)

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2007, 03:25:54 PM »
Go to the gym 5 times this week
Cut large portions in half

OskarS

• Harps and nitroglycerine
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2007, 03:28:29 PM »
All right, dammit, I'm in! I'm in desperate need of getting in shape, and since all of you losers are doing it, I'm game too. Let's do this thing!
Twelfth Night was really the Norbit of early 17th century England.

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2007, 05:17:02 PM »
my goal:

muscle/strength training 3 times a week
cardio 3 times a week
eat healthier (whatever that means)

winrit

• Elite Member
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2007, 10:57:58 PM »
my goal:
eat healthier (whatever that means)

Try and pick a diet goal that you can measure. For example, I won't consume more than 20 grams of saturated fat per day or I'll eat at least two servings a day of fresh fruits and vegetables. My goal gets at my diet weakness: eating late at night. I didn't get home until 9:00 p.m. so I fell short today. Back on track tomorrow!  :)

How's everyone else doing?

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2007, 08:10:41 AM »
I did get in both walks yesterday, but had to cut the second one short due to rain.

I'd like to limit 4pm snacks also to a healthy snack of 100 calories.  4pm is my grazing-the-refrig-and-pantry time.  Cutting this event to 100 calories will be a caloric discount for me.
Texan Down Under

love