love

Author Topic: It's A Boy!  (Read 15472 times)

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
Re: It's A Boy!
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2007, 05:48:46 PM »
Well, it's official... can't wait for everyone's favorite mod to hear this...

Alexander Quinn Kempenaar ... we'll call him Quinn. With kids named Holden and Sophie you kind of have to be consistent and go for something a little uncommon... Alex, it seems, is very popular right now, so...

was this some kind of deal you guys made?  he moderates the board, he name a child after him....

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 05:49:20 PM »

Alexander Quinn Kempenaar ... we'll call him Quinn. With kids named Holden and Sophie you kind of have to be consistent and go for something a little uncommon... Alex, it seems, is very popular right now, so...

I love it!  But OMG, will we ever hear the end of it from you-know-who and the other one too!
Texan Down Under

crumpet

• slithographer
    • CrumpArt
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2007, 06:02:52 PM »

That's such an excellent name.  I've always wanted to name a baby Quinn, and now I can live vicariously through you!  I've also wanted to name a future daughter Alexandra, so that I can call her Xan, like Zhaan from Farscape.  Just don't tell Mr Crumpet that that's why.  Actually, not telling him at all that I'm thinking of names for future children would probably be the best option...

Anyway, I know you're busy and all Adam, but come on with the pictures already!  Yeesh! ;)

rie

• looseframing
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 07:22:56 PM »
Kids are both very excited. Speaking of 'shiny' ... what do you think of Malcolm?

ah, that's right - i forgot you had a daughter, too.  sorry, sophie.  <smacks head>  i don't remember when my bro entered my life -- my mom tells me i turned up my nose at him on first viewing.  and then tried to get him to play with my blocks. and lost interest promptly when he simply would not.  glad your two are showing more enthusiasm.  (-;

i like alexander quinn -- awesome name. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 07:45:00 PM by rie »
I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of the hunger for life that gnaws in us all.

Richard Wright

joker

• Elite Member
  • CINECAST! off
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2007, 07:51:07 PM »
congrats adam!!!! that's awesome... hopefully the baby and the mom are doing well..... post some pics too

my first, also a boy, is due in about 5 weeks.... we will have to race them when they start crawling... lol
"This movie made me laugh so hard, I had mild headaches. So I went to the doctor to get checked out, I'm currently awaiting results"
-Gene Siskel

Katebo

• Elite Member
  • Shiny!
    • Sound on Sight TV
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2007, 08:45:14 PM »
Congratulations, Adam!! Holden, Sophie, and Quinn. I'll give you this, you and your wife have excellent taste in names. I hope all are happy and resting well. :)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2007, 09:04:15 PM »
Speaking as someone who is actually named Alexander, and not just boring Alex like the architect, I have to say that it is an excellent name and has served me well.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

VmSoze

• Elite Member
  • I am The Christmas Spirit! :)
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2007, 09:39:08 PM »
Great name... can't wait to see pics and again congrats to you and your wife.  :)

Scalzo

• Scotch, scotch, scotch...I love scotch!
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2007, 10:19:08 PM »
Congrats!  It's always good when the conception is rougher than the birth!

At least that's what my Mom always says.
"Don't act like you're not impressed."

m_rturnage

• FAB
  • Elite Member
  • Beauty hurts.
    • Too Much Time on My Hands
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2007, 10:58:52 PM »
Congratulations!
http://www.26screenplays.com - Short screenplays for independent filmmakers.

You light a man a fire, and he's warm for a night. You light a man ON fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

love